    the client can connect each one seperately. but there is no connection
    with another one. means there is no bridge mode.

    please help me.
    adonis, Jun 1, 2009

  2. adonis

    Barb Bowman Guest

    and same channel?

    On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 03:21:30 -0700 (PDT), adonis
    <> wrote:

    >hello to everybody
    >
    >i want to connect two access points to each other. one of them is
    >buffalo and another one is belkin 2.4ghz 54g. both of them are in the
    >same network. both have same ssid,same ip range, same encryption type.
    >both have mac address of another one. but it doesn't work!
    >the client can connect each one seperately. but there is no connection
    >with another one. means there is no bridge mode.
    >
    >please help me.

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
    Barb Bowman, Jun 1, 2009

  3. Barb Bowman wrote:
    > and same channel?
    >
    > On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 03:21:30 -0700 (PDT), adonis
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> hello to everybody
    >>
    >> i want to connect two access points to each other. one of them is
    >> buffalo and another one is belkin 2.4ghz 54g. both of them are in the
    >> same network. both have same ssid,same ip range, same encryption type.
    >> both have mac address of another one. but it doesn't work!
    >> the client can connect each one seperately. but there is no connection
    >> with another one. means there is no bridge mode.
    >>
    >> please help me.

    > Barb Bowman
    > MS-MVP
    > http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    > http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

    I found I couldn't connect a USR AP in bridge mode unless (having failed
    to spot this in the instructions) it was using an IP address outside the
    DHCP pool offered by the other one. Fixed that and it worked a treat.
    Just maybe...?

    Phil, London
    Philip Herlihy, Jun 1, 2009
  4. adonis

    James Egan Guest

    wrote:

    >i want to connect two access points to each other. one of them is
    >buffalo and another one is belkin 2.4ghz 54g. both of them are in the
    >same network. both have same ssid,same ip range, same encryption type.
    >both have mac address of another one. but it doesn't work!
    >the client can connect each one seperately. but there is no connection
    >with another one. means there is no bridge mode.

    If you don't connect them with a cable you will have to use bridge
    repeater mode which will halve the throughput on the remoter of the
    two access points.

    Jim.
    James Egan, Jun 1, 2009
  5. adonis

    adonis Guest

    On Jun 1, 5:53 pm, Barb Bowman <> wrote:
    > and same channel?
    >
    > On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 03:21:30 -0700 (PDT), adonis
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >hello to everybody

    > >i want to connect two access points to each other. one of them is
    > >buffalo and another one is belkin 2.4ghz 54g. both of them are in the
    > >same network. both have same ssid,same ip range, same encryption type.
    > >both have mac address of another one. but it doesn't work!
    > >the client can connect each one seperately. but there is no connection
    > >with another one. means there is no bridge mode.

    > >please help me.

    > Barb Bowman
    > MS-MVPhttp://www.digitalmediaphile.comhttp://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.comhttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/bowman.mspx

    yes there is same channel. 11
    adonis, Jun 1, 2009
  6. adonis

    adonis Guest

    On Jun 1, 6:35 pm, Philip Herlihy <> wrote:
    > Barb Bowman wrote:
    > > and same channel?

    > > On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 03:21:30 -0700 (PDT), adonis
    > > <> wrote:

    > >> hello to everybody

    > >> i want to connect two access points to each other. one of them is
    > >> buffalo and another one is belkin 2.4ghz 54g. both of them are in the
    > >> same network. both have same ssid,same ip range, same encryption type.
    > >> both have mac address of another one. but it doesn't work!
    > >> the client can connect each one seperately. but there is no connection
    > >> with another one. means there is no bridge mode.

    > >> please help me.

    > > Barb Bowman
    > > MS-MVP
    > >http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    > >http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
    > >http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/bowman.mspx

    > I found I couldn't connect a USR AP in bridge mode unless (having failed
    > to spot this in the instructions) it was using an IP address outside the
    > DHCP pool offered by the other one.  Fixed that and it worked a treat.
    > Just maybe...?
    >
    > Phil, London- Hide quoted text -

    so thanks,i will test it.
    adonis, Jun 1, 2009
  7. adonis

    Barb Bowman Guest

    are you trying to set up an access point client and connect some
    computers to it wirelessly or wired?

    or are you looking for roaming or a wireless repeater?

    Barb Bowman, Jun 2, 2009
  8. adonis

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    You should explain better what exactly you want to achieve.
    There are few Modes in connecting two Wireless Access Points together, and
    each one works differently yielding different type of Network.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack-MVP, Jun 2, 2009