    I have a netgear wg602 access point that sometimes will lock up when a
    laptop using it goes to sleep. not every time, and not with every laptop,
    but it is a bother. anyone seen that, know a fix???

    Dave, Mar 15, 2008

  2. Dave

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Mar 15, 2008

  3. Dave

    smlunatick Guest

    On Mar 15, 8:27 am, "Dave" <> wrote:
    > I have a netgear wg602 access point that sometimes will lock up when a
    > laptop using it goes to sleep.  not every time, and not with every laptop,
    > but it is a bother.  anyone seen that, know a fix???

    Sounds like the AP might be failing since it is not directly "wired"
    to any laptop. It could be "choking" on the amount of data the
    "awakening" laptop is requesting.

    smlunatick, Mar 16, 2008
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "smlunatick" <> wrote in message
    ..On Mar 15, 8:27 am, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >> I have a netgear wg602 access point that sometimes will lock up when a
    >> laptop using it goes to sleep. not every time, and not with every laptop,
    >> but it is a bother. anyone seen that, know a fix???

    >Sounds like the AP might be failing since it is not directly "wired"
    >to any laptop. It could be "choking" on the amount of data the
    >"awakening" laptop is requesting.

    no, it locks up when a laptop goes to sleep... then other machines trying to
    use it lose connectivity until the point is rebooted.

    Dave, Mar 16, 2008
  5. Dave

    smlunatick Guest

    On Mar 16, 6:18 am, "Dave" <> wrote:
    > "smlunatick" <> wrote in message

    > .On Mar 15, 8:27 am, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >
    > >> I have a netgear wg602 access point that sometimes will lock up when a
    > >> laptop using it goes to sleep. not every time, and not with every laptop,
    > >> but it is a bother. anyone seen that, know a fix???

    > >Sounds like the AP might be failing since it is not directly "wired"
    > >to any laptop.  It could be "choking" on the amount of data the
    > >"awakening" laptop is requesting.

    > no, it locks up when a laptop goes to sleep... then other machines trying to
    > use it lose connectivity until the point is rebooted.

    Check every system so as to see that there is nothing on th laptop
    that can cause a lot of traffic over the AP, including viruses and
    "spywares."

    smlunatick, Mar 17, 2008