    an access point off of the wireless router, that would allow me to undock my
    laptop and surf wirelessly with the others? Does a wireless network always
    require a wired "base" computer?

    =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmE=?=, Aug 16, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmE=?=

    Dave Guest

    "Laura" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I recently set up a home wireless network, and currently have a docked
    >laptop
    > serving as the wired base, allowing other laptops in the apartment to
    > operate
    > wirelessly. Is there a way to set up a wireless network, perhaps by
    > adding
    > an access point off of the wireless router, that would allow me to undock
    > my
    > laptop and surf wirelessly with the others? Does a wireless network
    > always
    > require a wired "base" computer?

    no, you can use a wireless router, or wired router and wireless access point
    combination, in place of the gateway computer... assuming you get a router
    that is compatible with your internet connection.

    Dave, Aug 16, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmE=?=

    David {MVP} Guest

    You can get a wireless access point or a wireless router, but to be truthful
    I'm not sure I follow exactly what you have now. You say you have a wireless
    router? In theory that is all you should need, unless you are using that
    wireless router to connect to another wireless access point some where else?

    David {MVP}
    Microsoft Mobile Devices

    David {MVP}, Aug 17, 2005