    the instructions in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 154167. When I
    get to the last step, which is Click Import, a dialogue box pops up
    asking for a password. I have no idea what this is all about.

    Turbo Art, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Turbo Art

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I am trying to import a Works database into Access. I am following
    > the instructions in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 154167. When I
    > get to the last step, which is Click Import, a dialogue box pops up
    > asking for a password. I have no idea what this is all about.

    You need the password that's been set to protect the Access database.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Turbo Art

    Turbo Art Guest

    Hywel <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > I am trying to import a Works database into Access. I am following
    > > the instructions in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 154167. When I
    > > get to the last step, which is Click Import, a dialogue box pops up
    > > asking for a password. I have no idea what this is all about.

    > You need the password that's been set to protect the Access database.

    I am creating a brand new Access database. I have not set any password for it.

    Turbo Art, Apr 15, 2004
  4. Turbo Art

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hywel <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > > > I am trying to import a Works database into Access. I am following
    > > > the instructions in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 154167. When I
    > > > get to the last step, which is Click Import, a dialogue box pops up
    > > > asking for a password. I have no idea what this is all about.

    > > You need the password that's been set to protect the Access database.

    > I am creating a brand new Access database. I have not set any password for it.

    In that case, perhaps it's asking for the Works database password.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, Apr 15, 2004
  5. Turbo Art

    Millimeter Guest

    On 14 Apr 2004 18:00:47 -0700, (Turbo Art) wrote:

    >Hywel <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...
    >> > I am trying to import a Works database into Access. I am following
    >> > the instructions in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 154167. When I
    >> > get to the last step, which is Click Import, a dialogue box pops up
    >> > asking for a password. I have no idea what this is all about.

    >> You need the password that's been set to protect the Access database.

    >I am creating a brand new Access database. I have not set any password for it.

    I guess I know even less about DB than I thought but, on one hand you
    say you are importing an existing works database, and on the other you
    are creating a brand new database.

    From the article you mentioned, you are creating a blank access DB,
    then creating a table and importing the works DB into that table.

    If it is asking for a password, it must think there is a password on
    the works DB you are importing from. Did you save this as dBase iii
    or dBase iV? and has works saved the file with the .dbf extension?

    Millimeter, Apr 15, 2004
  6. Turbo Art

    Turbo Art Guest

    Millimeter <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 14 Apr 2004 18:00:47 -0700, (Turbo Art) wrote:
    >
    > >Hywel <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > >> In article <>,
    > >> says...
    > >>
    > >> You need the password that's been set to protect the Access database.

    > >I am creating a brand new Access database. I have not set any password for it.

    > I guess I know even less about DB than I thought but, on one hand you
    > say you are importing an existing works database, and on the other you
    > are creating a brand new database.
    >
    > From the article you mentioned, you are creating a blank access DB,
    > then creating a table and importing the works DB into that table.

    Yes! That's what I'm trying to do.

    > If it is asking for a password, it must think there is a password on
    > the works DB you are importing from. Did you save this as dBase iii
    > or dBase iV? and has works saved the file with the .dbf extension?

    Saved as dBase iii with a .dbf extension. I created the Works DB and
    I did not give it a password. I then emailed the Works DB to myself
    so that I get it into a computer that has Access.

    Turbo Art, Apr 15, 2004
  7. Turbo Art

    Millimeter Guest

    On 15 Apr 2004 12:18:32 -0700, (Turbo Art) wrote:

    >Millimeter <> wrote in message news:<>...

    >> >I am creating a brand new Access database. I have not set any password for it.

    >> I guess I know even less about DB than I thought but, on one hand you
    >> say you are importing an existing works database, and on the other you
    >> are creating a brand new database.
    >>
    >> From the article you mentioned, you are creating a blank access DB,
    >> then creating a table and importing the works DB into that table.

    >Yes! That's what I'm trying to do.
    >

    >> If it is asking for a password, it must think there is a password on
    >> the works DB you are importing from. Did you save this as dBase iii
    >> or dBase iV? and has works saved the file with the .dbf extension?

    >Saved as dBase iii with a .dbf extension. I created the Works DB and
    >I did not give it a password. I then emailed the Works DB to myself
    >so that I get it into a computer that has Access.

    Perhaps a silly questions but did you try entering a blank password to
    import?

    Millimeter, Apr 16, 2004
  8. Turbo Art

    Turbo Art Guest

    Millimeter <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 15 Apr 2004 12:18:32 -0700, (Turbo Art) wrote:
    >
    > >Millimeter <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > >> I guess I know even less about DB than I thought but, on one hand you
    > >> say you are importing an existing works database, and on the other you
    > >> are creating a brand new database.
    > >>
    > >> From the article you mentioned, you are creating a blank access DB,
    > >> then creating a table and importing the works DB into that table.

    > >Yes! That's what I'm trying to do.
    > >

    > >> If it is asking for a password, it must think there is a password on
    > >> the works DB you are importing from. Did you save this as dBase iii
    > >> or dBase iV? and has works saved the file with the .dbf extension?

    > >Saved as dBase iii with a .dbf extension. I created the Works DB and
    > >I did not give it a password. I then emailed the Works DB to myself
    > >so that I get it into a computer that has Access.

    > Perhaps a silly questions but did you try entering a blank password to
    > import?

    Yes!

    Turbo Art, Apr 16, 2004