    Not working (Timeout Error) - ORA: 12535 - TNS: operation timed out

    Please suggest for this.
    , Feb 28, 2007

  2. BernieM Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We have got a NAT IP address and a open port 1521, But having trouble
    > in connecting the database.
    > Not working (Timeout Error) - ORA: 12535 - TNS: operation timed out
    >
    > Please suggest for this.

    Is NAT working ... do you see the natted packets come out the other side of
    the firewall / router? Are your access rules working ... does anything come
    out the other side? Is the servers port listening ... does it send RST's?
    A lot can be learned by sniffing the network and investigating system logs.

    What's actually between the client and server?

    BernieM
    BernieM, Feb 28, 2007

  3. Thrill5 Guest

    Oracle used to require a special handling with NAT, i.e the device doing the
    NAT had to know how to NAT the packets because information about the
    connection was embedded in the protocol. Did a quick Google search and
    found the following link which should be helpful.

    http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=922499

    Scott

    Thrill5, Mar 1, 2007