    in Access that a client wants to be published to the
    internet.

    Any help is appreciated.
    troy, Jun 1, 2004

  2. troy

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 13:40:40 -0700, troy extemporised:

    > What do I look for in an Access application and or the steps to make the
    > application web ready? I have a database in Access that a client wants to
    > be published to the internet.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.

    microsoft.public.access

    Or, alternatively, my rates are very reasonable, and I can make time. See
    header to demung my addy for more info.

    JaR
    JaR, Jun 1, 2004

  3. troy

    UAError Guest

    "troy" <> wrote:

    >What do I look for in an Access application and or the
    >steps to make the application web ready? I have a database
    >in Access that a client wants to be published to the
    >internet.
    >
    >Any help is appreciated.

    And this is related to MCSD certification how?

    This post may be more appropriate in the
    microsoft.public.access sub tree

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=microsoft.public.access

    If there is some kind of wizard for this kind of thing
    (which I doubt) somebody over there might know about it.

    I'll even throw out an angling line out for you (you still
    have to pull it in and sort it out):

    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_...as_ugroup=microsoft.public.access.*&lr=&hl=en

    Furthermore you haven't exactly specified the infrastructure
    this web solution is to be deployed on - as that will limit
    your options - in the worst case your only option will be an
    export to static HTML (which is the easiest to secure;
    probably the least effort; most likely not flexible enough).

    However in this microsoft centric group many people will
    assume an IIS/ASP.NET based web solution. Access can be
    accessed via ADO.NET with the OleDb classes

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemdataoledb.asp

    Here's a short sample snippet for connecting to an Access
    MDB.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...dataoledboledbcommandclassconnectiontopic.asp

    And now for a seemingly off-topic suggestion - if you are
    going to deploy this as a .NET IIS/ASP.NET web solution you
    might as well get

    Security for Microsoft® Visual Basic® .NET
    Author Ed Robinson, Michael James Bond
    Pages 416
    Disk N/A
    Level Beg/Int
    Published 05/28/2003
    ISBN 0-7356-1919-0
    http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/6432.asp
    Source Code
    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/companion/6432.asp#Companion Content

    It will give you some code to scavenge as the sample
    application (Windows App; ASP.NET is used in Chapter 4) uses
    a simple access database (its easy enough to map the Visual
    Basic.NET code to C#, should you be using C#) - and you'll
    get some much needed (essential but not necessarily
    complete) advice on the security for the application (and
    the host).
    UAError, Jun 1, 2004