access denied when trying to transfer files from another drive

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by wes40oz, Oct 3, 2005.

  1. wes40oz

    wes40oz Guest

    I'm getting "access denied" when I try to copy (or even view or go in the
    folder) my pictures from my old hard drive, need these!

    is there a "hack" or a way around this?

    I still get that error in the x32 edition of xp pro (duel boot)

    also I was going to ask about that ntoskrnl.exe problem but seems it has
    been answered, but there have been errors (same error message) with the file
    hal.dll. which I guess it seems to need to boot.

    actually had to install xp x64 on another drive, copied the file over, ran
    chkdisk with in windows then it worked... weird errors. seems the MS os's
    are fighting each other, fight to the death!

    --
    Wes Newman
    Seismic Data Processor / IT Manager

    wes40oz, Oct 3, 2005

  2. Have you tried taking ownership of the folder which contains the files the
    copy them over?
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 3, 2005