Access denied to folder in XP Home

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by H-Man, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. H-Man

    H-Man Guest

    The removal of much spyware and adware using AdAware and Spybot S&D has left
    me with a registry key and a folder I cannot delete, get Access Denied
    error.

    Thinking the folders/kewy are in use, either program asks to run at next
    startup. They do and intercept the startup process to run before a lot of
    services start. The offending objects are still inaccessable.

    Tried safe mode with admin login, still cannot delete. FS is NTFS, otherwise
    I'd use the startup disk and do this from DOS, still wouldn't solve registry
    key problem though.

    Objects are related to what AdAware calls Hunter, and Spybot S&D calls Hunt
    Bar.

    Any ideas as to how to clean this up?? How to find out what is responsible
    for keeping these open??

    TIA
    HK

    H-Man, Jul 23, 2003