    open shared files.

    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?cnZiYXNz?=, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Are you logged on on both machines with same User id / password? or change
    the security / access rights of the share to allow the user ID you are
    accessing with.
    Halexi

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFsZXhp?=, Nov 12, 2004

  3. Yes, I am logged into both systems as the same user with administrator
    rights. Still doesn't work.

    =?Utf-8?B?cnZiYXNz?=, Nov 13, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cnZiYXNz?=

    Malke Guest

    rvbass wrote:

    > Yes, I am logged into both systems as the same user with administrator
    > rights. Still doesn't work.
    >
    > "Halexi" wrote:
    >
    >> Are you logged on on both machines with same User id / password? or
    >> change the security / access rights of the share to allow the user ID
    >> you are accessing with.
    >> Halexi
    >>
    >> "rvbass" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have XP SP2 on two machines with Belkins wireless router on one
    >> > and Belkins PCI wireless card in the other. They can ping each
    >> > other and both can access Internet. No problems until recently.
    >> >
    >> > Now, computer w/ PCI card can read and use files on router machine
    >> > but not vice versa. Router machine sees PCI machine but "Access
    >> > denied" when I try to open shared files.
    >> >
    >> > Any ideas?
    >> > Thanks

    Two things:

    1. You say this happened recently. Can you figure out what changed?
    2. Check your firewall settings and make sure the lan IP range is in
    there as Trusted.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User