access denied by access control list

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Hung, Oct 12, 2003.

  1. Hung

    Hung Guest

    Checked if any proxy has been ticked. For broadband, there shouldn't be
    any proxy (at least so in my country)

    For dial up connection, this message also apppears if a different proxy
    is specified other than the one for the isp.

    Hung, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Hung

    °Mike° Guest

    "Access Denied By Access Control List" Error Message
    When You Open a Web Page

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:27:08 +0100, in
    <Qe8ib.25$>
    r m scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 12, 2003

  3. Hung

    °Mike° Guest

    By the way, please adjust your Time Zone, you are posting
    from the future. Double click the clock in your system
    tray and set the TIME ZONE (not the clock) to coincide
    with your area of the world.

    °Mike°, Oct 12, 2003
  4. Hung

    sam Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > By the way, please adjust your Time Zone, you are posting
    > from the future. Double click the clock in your system
    > tray and set the TIME ZONE (not the clock) to coincide
    > with your area of the world.

    He may be in the future in relation to your time zone.
    Does that make sense?
    sam, Oct 12, 2003
  5. Hung

    Miggsee Guest

    "sam" <> wrote in message

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > > By the way, please adjust your Time Zone, you are posting
    > > from the future. Double click the clock in your system
    > > tray and set the TIME ZONE (not the clock) to coincide
    > > with your area of the world.
    > >

    > He may be in the future in relation to your time zone.
    > Does that make sense?

    No! When the time zones is correctly set, windows adjusts the time to the
    local machine's time.
    Miggsee, Oct 12, 2003
  6. Hung

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:19:39 GMT, in
    <Lxcib.147843$>
    sam scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> By the way, please adjust your Time Zone, you are posting
    >> from the future. Double click the clock in your system
    >> tray and set the TIME ZONE (not the clock) to coincide
    >> with your area of the world.
    >>

    >He may be in the future in relation to your time zone.
    >Does that make sense?

    No, it does not make sense. It makes no difference where
    in the world others post from, on YOUR machine the correct
    time and date will be displayed, provided other people have
    their TIME ZONE set correctly. Why do you suppose that
    the Time Zone setting exists as an option, hmm?

    For more information, see:
    http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Oct 12, 2003
  7. Hung

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:19:39 GMT, "sam" <>
    scribbled:

    >He may be in the future in relation to your time zone.
    >Does that make sense?

    None.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Oct 12, 2003
  8. Hung

    sam Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:19:39 GMT, in
    > <Lxcib.147843$>
    > sam scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> By the way, please adjust your Time Zone, you are posting
    > >> from the future. Double click the clock in your system
    > >> tray and set the TIME ZONE (not the clock) to coincide
    > >> with your area of the world.
    > >>

    > >He may be in the future in relation to your time zone.
    > >Does that make sense?

    > No, it does not make sense. It makes no difference where
    > in the world others post from, on YOUR machine the correct
    > time and date will be displayed, provided other people have
    > their TIME ZONE set correctly. Why do you suppose that
    > the Time Zone setting exists as an option, hmm?
    >
    > For more information, see:
    > http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

    No offence intended. Pardon my ignorance.Thanks for the link.
    There's something to learn everyday.

    Sam

    r m, Oct 12, 2003