Access Date/time to SQL to only show Date

Discussion in 'Software' started by Whothehell, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Whothehell

Whothehell

I currently have a Microsoft Access database that has a column for date, and its data type is date/time , format short date. I'm building a website to show all the data from the database onto a webpage, using SQL. When I load the webpage I see the date column showing both the date and the time.

<asp:BoundField DataFormatString="{0:d}" DataField="prsnnl_hire_date" SortExpression="prsnnl_hire_date" HeaderText="Hire Date"></asp:BoundField>

That is the code above, and I thought the DataFomatString="{0:d}" would solve my problem but it hasn't. Anyone have any ideas for it just to show the date??

P.S. I'm a noob
    Whothehell, Jul 27, 2006
    1. Advertising

2. Whothehell

Donald

Hello you can say to me as updating of a database in SQL from a form in ASP.Net? Thank you very much for your help.
    Donald reyes
    Donald, Jul 27, 2006
    1. Advertising

3. Whothehell

Whothehell

All right to add some clarification.
    I'm using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
    and using ASP.net gridview.

<script runat="server">

Protected Sub GridView1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)

End Sub

</script>

<form id="Form1" runat=server>
    <asp:gridview id="GridView1" runat="server" cellpadding="4" datasourceid="Test"
    forecolor="#333333" gridlines="None" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="prsnnl_id" OnSelectedIndexChanged="GridView1_SelectedIndexChanged">
    <FooterStyle BackColor="#5D7B9D" ForeColor="White" Font-Bold="True"></FooterStyle>
    <Columns>
    <asp:BoundField ReadOnly="True" DataField="prsnnl_id" InsertVisible="False" SortExpression="prsnnl_id" HeaderText="prsnnl_id"></asp:BoundField>
    <asp:BoundField DataField="prsnnl_lst_nm" SortExpression="prsnnl_lst_nm" HeaderText="prsnnl_lst_nm"></asp:BoundField>
    <asp:BoundField DataField="prsnnl_first_nm" SortExpression="prsnnl_first_nm" HeaderText="prsnnl_first_nm"></asp:BoundField>
    <asp:BoundField DataFormatString="{0:d}" DataField="prsnnl_hire_date" SortExpression="prsnnl_hire_date" HeaderText="prsnnl_hire_date"></asp:BoundField>
    <asp:BoundField DataFormatString="{0:d}" DataField="prsnnl_terminate_date" SortExpression="prsnnl_terminate_date" HeaderText="prsnnl_terminate_date"></asp:BoundField>
    <asp:CheckBoxField DataField="prsnnl_security_folder_ind" SortExpression="prsnnl_security_folder_ind" HeaderText="prsnnl_security_folder_ind"></asp:CheckBoxField>
    <asp:BoundField DataField="job_level_nm" SortExpression="job_level_nm" HeaderText="job_level_nm"></asp:BoundField>
    <asp:BoundField DataField="org_grp_nm" SortExpression="org_grp_nm" HeaderText="org_grp_nm"></asp:BoundField>
    <asp:BoundField DataField="co_nm" SortExpression="co_nm" HeaderText="co_nm"></asp:BoundField>
    <asp:BoundField DataField="security_officer_lst_nm" SortExpression="security_officer_lst_nm" HeaderText="security_officer_lst_nm"></asp:BoundField>
    </Columns>

<RowStyle BackColor="#F7F6F3" ForeColor="#333333"></RowStyle>

<EditRowStyle BackColor="#999999"></EditRowStyle>

<SelectedRowStyle BackColor="#E2DED6" ForeColor="#333333" Font-Bold="True"></SelectedRowStyle>

<PagerStyle BackColor="#284775" ForeColor="White" HorizontalAlign="Center"></PagerStyle>

<HeaderStyle BackColor="#5D7B9D" ForeColor="White" Font-Bold="True"></HeaderStyle>

<AlternatingRowStyle BackColor="White" ForeColor="#284775"></AlternatingRowStyle>
    </asp:gridview>
    <asp:accessdatasource id="Test" runat="server" datafile="~/Data/Databasne_name.mdb"
    selectcommand="SELECT * FROM [PERSONNEL]"></asp:accessdatasource>
    </form>

THat's the source code, and I have nothing written in the vb portion.
    Whothehell, Jul 27, 2006
    1. Advertising