Access Database Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Hoops, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. Hoops

    Hoops Guest

    Hello,

    This database that I have was working perfect for years. I haven't
    really changed anything in my system, so I do not know why there would
    be a problem.

    Here is what it says when trying to open it:

    Compile error
    Can't find project or library

    Then it goes into like Vbasic or something to debug.

    Yellow highlight is on - "private sub filloptions ()"
    Blue highlight is on - "dbs as database"

    Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem.

    Note: I have tried to uninstall office then reinstall it, but it still
    gives the same error.

    Hoops, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Hoops

    Dan Shea Guest

    Hi Hoops,

    The yellow highlighted line is OK.

    The blue highlighted line should begin with "Dim", and should read in
    its entirety, "Dim dbs As database". (Provided "dbs" is the variable
    used later in the code. It's more comon to just use "db".)

    Make that change, exit the debugger, close the database, and try to
    re-open it.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 1, 2004