  1. T. McRae

    T. McRae Guest

    Does Accelerated 56k dial-up really work? Thanks...

    T. McRae, Oct 22, 2004

  2. T. McRae

    Thor Guest

    for web pages, yes. But not for file downloads. The acceleration essentially
    works by installing software on the user's computer, which typically
    accesses a proxy server at the ISP which is dedicated to dynamically
    compressing and re-serving the webpages and graphics (typically degrading
    the picture quality of web graphics to shrink their download size) that the
    user accesses. This reduces the download time of webpages giving the
    impression of increased speed, when in actuality, there is no change in the
    bandwidth of your connection. As most downloadable files are already
    compressed, those are not benefitted in any way.

    Thor, Oct 22, 2004

  3. T. McRae

    Brian Guest

    "Thor" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > for web pages, yes. But not for file downloads. The acceleration

    essentially
    > works by installing software on the user's computer, which typically
    > accesses a proxy server at the ISP which is dedicated to dynamically
    > compressing and re-serving the webpages and graphics (typically degrading
    > the picture quality of web graphics to shrink their download size) that

    the
    > user accesses. This reduces the download time of webpages giving the
    > impression of increased speed, when in actuality, there is no change in

    the
    > bandwidth of your connection. As most downloadable files are already
    > compressed, those are not benefitted in any way.
    >

    > ..
    > "T. McRae" <> wrote in message
    > > Does Accelerated 56k dial-up really work? Thanks...

    and now.. credit the source you got that from.... or be a plato and
    persevere with the consequences... thankyou...

    Brian, Oct 22, 2004
  4. T. McRae

    Thor Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message

    > "Thor" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> for web pages, yes. But not for file downloads. The acceleration

    > essentially
    >> works by installing software on the user's computer, which typically
    >> accesses a proxy server at the ISP which is dedicated to dynamically
    >> compressing and re-serving the webpages and graphics (typically degrading
    >> the picture quality of web graphics to shrink their download size) that

    > the
    >> user accesses. This reduces the download time of webpages giving the
    >> impression of increased speed, when in actuality, there is no change in

    > the
    >> bandwidth of your connection. As most downloadable files are already
    >> compressed, those are not benefitted in any way.
    >>

    >> ..
    >> "T. McRae" <> wrote in message
    >> > Does Accelerated 56k dial-up really work? Thanks...

    > and now.. credit the source you got that from.... or be a plato and
    > persevere with the consequences... thankyou...

    pardon me? I stated it from my own knowledge and understanding of how the
    process works. The statements I made were my own entirely, thank you very
    much. So if you want me to credit the source, then I'd be happy to.

    Source- Thor.

    There. Happy now?

    Thor, Oct 23, 2004
  5. T. McRae

    Fred Guest

    Thor chuckled:

    > pardon me?

    Why? Did you fart?

    > I stated it from my own knowledge and understanding of how the process
    > works.

    Where did you steal the knowledge from?

    > The statements I made were my own entirely, thank you very much.

    You can repay me by sucking my cock.

    > So if you want me to credit the source, then I'd be happy to.

    They're cunning. They can see things that you can't. They are scheming. They
    can see what's next and what happens after that.

    > Happy now?

    How much are you willing to pay for me to be happy?

    Fred, Oct 23, 2004