    when creating DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author with ac3 file the program says
    error illegal audio format and you can use only ac3, mpeg1 or linear
    PCM...what seems to be the problem...
    indiana, Sep 1, 2003

  2. indiana

    Guest

    Just a wild guess, your AC3 file is corrupt or not up to
    specifications.

    The creator of TMPGEnc DVD Author offers tech support for licensed
    users. Why not ask him?

    indiana wrote:

    >when creating DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author with ac3 file the program says
    >error illegal audio format and you can use only ac3, mpeg1 or linear
    >PCM...what seems to be the problem...

    , Sep 1, 2003

  3. On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 03:37:24 +0200, "indiana"
    <> wrote:

    >when creating DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author with ac3 file the program says
    >error illegal audio format and you can use only ac3, mpeg1 or linear
    >PCM...what seems to be the problem...

    That does actually mean there is a problem with the AC3. You didn't
    say whether or not you made the AC3, or if it's from a DVD, or what.
    That would help tremendously.

    . Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Sep 1, 2003
  4. indiana

    indiana Guest

    I made ac3 from wav to save some space (home made DVD) with nuendo
    encoder...probably bad ac3...

    in message news:...

    indiana, Sep 1, 2003
  5. On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 20:15:23 +0200, "indiana"
    <> wrote:

    >I made ac3 from wav to save some space (home made DVD) with nuendo
    >encoder...probably bad ac3...

    Yeah, try a differnet bitrate, make sure the encoding matches the
    source (2.0). I've had to rotate through different encoders when one
    consistently made a bad AC3 out of a certain .wav. Encoders I have
    installed are SoftEncode, Sonic, Digigram, and BeSeet. The Sonic
    Foundry one is the most consistent but is old,, and doesn't do the
    quality of say the Digigram.

    . Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Sep 1, 2003
  6. On a sunny day (Mon, 1 Sep 2003 20:15:23 +0200) it happened "indiana"
    <> wrote in <bj02eh$f60$>:

    >I made ac3 from wav to save some space (home made DVD) with nuendo
    >encoder...probably bad ac3...

    Try AC3Machine / BeSweet, works fine here.
    it is somewhere on doom.org IIRC
    Jan Panteltje, Sep 1, 2003