    Which AC adapter do you recommend for USA camera when traveling in central
    Europe where they have 2 circular prongs. Just a plain adapter or an adapter
    with transformer for recharging camera batteries?

    NewsGroups, Aug 22, 2003

  2. NewsGroups

    PTRAVEL Guest

    "NewsGroups" <> wrote in message
    news:tso1b.76290$...
    > Which AC adapter do you recommend for USA camera when traveling in central
    > Europe where they have 2 circular prongs. Just a plain adapter or an

    adapter
    > with transformer for recharging camera batteries?

    Most chargers are rated at 120/240v 50/60Hz. These can be used in Europe
    and Asia without a transformer. You can get a set of plug adapters at
    travel stores, CompUSA and Radio Shack, to name a few, or simply wait 'til
    you get to Europe -- they're ubiquitous in the major cities.

    PTRAVEL, Aug 22, 2003

  3. NewsGroups

    Jim Townsend Guest

    NewsGroups wrote:

    > Which AC adapter do you recommend for USA camera when traveling in central
    > Europe where they have 2 circular prongs. Just a plain adapter or an adapter
    > with transformer for recharging camera batteries?

    Radio Shack sells everything you'll need. They have the power converters and
    just about every shape and style of plug there are.

    Note that many cameras have a universal power supply. They will run on both
    110V and 220V without the need for a power adapter.. In this case all you
    need is the much cheaper North American to European plug adapter.

    Check your camera manual first...

    I went to New Zealand, and all I had to do was change the power cord on my
    North Amercian Canon Pro90 charger. The cord cost around $2.00 I picked the
    cord up in Auckland at a local electronics store.

    Jim Townsend, Aug 22, 2003