    It does not name the file so how do I find out which one it was?
    And then, having found the file, how do I replace it?
    The absence of the dll file does not seem to affect anything.

    Guest, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Guest

    DC Guest

    <> wrote:
    > When I boot up I get a dialog box with the Yellow error exclamation point.
    > At the top of the box it says, "Error 388". In the box it says, "A valid
    > dll file was not found."
    > It does not name the file so how do I find out which one it was?
    > [...]

    ....and they say Windows is more user friendly. };O)

    > And then, having found the file, how do I replace it?
    > The absence of the dll file does not seem to affect anything.

    I would start looking at which apps launch at startup. See if any of
    them are behaving strangely/not starting at boot as they once did.

    GL.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Free your mind, and your OS will follow...

    DC, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Guest

    D Guest

    Probably from an app you uninstalled, that didnt uninstall correctly

    D, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Guest

    reid decker Guest

    reid decker, Jun 14, 2004
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    About System Restore. My System Restore will get about half way through
    restoring and then tell me it cannot complete the restore.
    This would seem to be just another glitch except that awhile back I
    reinstalled the whole system and when I next tried to use System Restore
    it still would not work.

    Does anyone know what Error 388 means?

    Guest, Jun 14, 2004
  6. Guest

    Boomer Guest

    <> wrote:

    > About System Restore. My System Restore will get about half way
    > through restoring and then tell me it cannot complete the
    > restore. This would seem to be just another glitch except that
    > awhile back I reinstalled the whole system and when I next tried
    > to use System Restore
    > it still would not work.
    >
    > Does anyone know what Error 388 means?

    Doesn't it mean what you said it stated in the message box?

    "A valid dll file was not found."

    What have you installed or uninstalled to possibly cause this error?
    What OS? http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Try searching Google Groups archives for error 388.
    http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

    Boomer, Jun 14, 2004
  7. Guest

    °Mike° Guest

    It sounds like you have a trojan infection.

    W32/Loonybot.K
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?I2E621098

    Win32.Loonybot.H
    http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/virus.aspx?id=39219

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:38:24 GMT, in
    <ALizc.85603$>
    <> scrawled:

    >When I boot up I get a dialog box with the Yellow error exclamation point.
    >At the top of the box it says, "Error 388". In the box it says, "A valid
    >dll file was not found."
    >It does not name the file so how do I find out which one it was?
    >And then, having found the file, how do I replace it?
    >The absence of the dll file does not seem to affect anything.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 14, 2004
  8. Guest

    JJO Guest

    From Solarwinds.net

    This error occurs if your IP Stack has been corrupted. In the past this has
    been caused by security and/or router software like "Zone Alarm". Disable
    this software.

    Regards,

    John O.

    JJO, Jun 14, 2004