About to start studying for my MCSE and looking for advice.

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by sean, Sep 18, 2003.

  1. sean

    sean Guest

    Hi i sugest you get a program called virtual pc, it can
    run a second operating system on top of one as a network.
    then get a job any job payed or not as were you have
    access to a network and get as much as expience on a
    network as possible and try and get a copy of server03
    anything at all to practice with at home, well good luck
    any

    Sean

    and to be honest
    >I'm more than a little daunted by the task ahead.
    >
    >I guess I'm essentially looking for guidance from those

    who have
    >successfully completed their MCSE. Whether it be advice

    on the best study
    >texts (MS Press or otherwise), links to useful websites

    or Newsgroups, study
    >methodology, really any tips you care to offer.
    >
    >The longest journey always starts with a first step and

    this is mine. Any

    sean, Sep 18, 2003

  2. sean

    Den Guest

    Thanks all for the advice. I'm lucky that I've been a hardware reseller
    for a number of years so I have several PC's and pretty much any networking
    hardware I need. The plan is to dual boot each PC with different client
    OS (98SE, ME, 2K Pro, XP Home & XP Pro respectively) and then for the 3
    highest spec PC's to run 2003 Server eval ed as well with maybe a 2K server
    on one of the lesser machines. Hopefully this lab set-up will cover pretty
    much any scenario permutation I am likely to encounter.

    As suggested I will be using the Sybex study guides. I've grabbed a copy
    of 70-270 but will have to wait until all the core texts are published (I
    believe only 70-290 & 70-291 are currently available) before purchasing the
    core set.

    I've had a good browse through mcseworld.com and have no doubt that it will
    be a useful resource for me.

    Once again thanks all for the input, it is much appreciated.

    Regards

    Den

    Den, Sep 20, 2003