    Thanks,

    --
    Jim,

    Jim L, Feb 10, 2005

  2. Jim L

    John Guest

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:41:56 GMT, "Jim L" <> wrote:

    >Can't get any kind of video to play using either Windows Media Player or
    >Real Player. Checked the plug in and they are there. Any suggestions?????
    >Thanks,

    Hi Jim:

    Can't give you any suggestions - I have FF and use Quick Time with it. Works
    great.

    Try going to http://homepage.mac.com/myjourney/messages/Menu22.html and see what
    happens.

    BTW, the implied threat of your leaving FF is not about to endear you in this
    newsgroup - in most cases the reaction would be "don't slam the door on the way
    out".

    John <><

    John, Feb 10, 2005

  3. Jim L wrote:
    > Can't get any kind of video to play using either Windows Media Player or
    > Real Player. Checked the plug in and they are there. Any suggestions?????
    > Thanks,

    Post a couple of specific sites where this problem occurs.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 10, 2005
  4. Jim L

    Jim L Guest

    It's not a threat. I sure they would get along fine without me. It's just
    I'm getting so frustrated.
    I love some of the things Firefox does but I don't want to be switching back
    and forth between browsers.
    One of the sites that has video that I can't access is www.cnn.com/
    Another is www.thebostonchannel.com/

    Jim L, Feb 10, 2005
  5. Jim L

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On this day, 10/02/2005 17:57, John said the following:
    > On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:41:56 GMT, "Jim L" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Can't get any kind of video to play using either Windows Media Player or
    >>Real Player. Checked the plug in and they are there. Any suggestions?????
    >>Thanks,

    > Hi Jim:
    >
    > Can't give you any suggestions - I have FF and use Quick Time with it. Works
    > great.
    >
    > Try going to http://homepage.mac.com/myjourney/messages/Menu22.html and see what
    > happens.

    I have to use IE for that type of page, I will not put Quicktime near my
    system, and Qucktime alternative is not supported, but still happy to
    plod along with Firefox for 99% of my needs ;-)

    Jim, just use IEview plugin, and when needed view them that way.

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

    Pun Krocker, Feb 10, 2005
  6. Jim L

    Drude Guest

    In article <0QNOd.11990$>,
    says...
    > It's not a threat. I sure they would get along fine without me. It's just
    > I'm getting so frustrated.
    > I love some of the things Firefox does but I don't want to be switching back
    > and forth between browsers.
    > One of the sites that has video that I can't access is www.cnn.com/
    > Another is www.thebostonchannel.com/
    >

    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    > > Jim L wrote:
    > > > Can't get any kind of video to play using either Windows Media Player or
    > > > Real Player. Checked the plug in and they are there. Any

    > suggestions?????
    > > > Thanks,
    > > >

    > > Post a couple of specific sites where this problem occurs.
    > >
    > > Lee

    Okay... I tried both sites. CNN wants you to register, and I don't want
    to... so I don't know about that one. But the other site works fine.

    Before you give up... go to http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php and
    read. There are many fixes and suggestion on those forums. Go to
    'Mozilla Firefox Support'. Near the top is a solution for Windows Media
    and audio. Check it out. I used to have several sites that wouldn't
    play video, but now most will.

    Also, keep in mind that this problem is USUALLY the fault of the website
    author, NOT Firefox. They're only coding their sites for IE.

    An additional solution is to install the extension 'IEview' for those
    sites that absolutely won't play vids. IEview will simply open up your
    current page in IE so you can view it, and then you can go back to FF.

    Hope this helps...

    Drude

    Drude, Feb 10, 2005
  7. Jim L

    somekiss Guest

    It's worth it for downthemall and the proxyswitcher add ins alone.

    Pun Krocker <> wrote in

    somekiss, Feb 11, 2005
  8. Jim L wrote:
    > It's not a threat. I sure they would get along fine without me. It's just
    > I'm getting so frustrated.
    > I love some of the things Firefox does but I don't want to be switching back
    > and forth between browsers.
    > One of the sites that has video that I can't access is www.cnn.com/
    > Another is www.thebostonchannel.com/
    >

    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Jim L wrote:
    >>
    >>>Can't get any kind of video to play using either Windows Media Player or
    >>>Real Player. Checked the plug in and they are there. Any

    > suggestions?????
    >
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>

    >>Post a couple of specific sites where this problem occurs.
    >>
    >>Lee

    Jim,

    I have FireFox 1.0 running on Window 2000. I originally installed
    RealPlayer when I was running Internet Explorer and Outlook Express,
    version 6. I installed FireFox 1.0 about three weeks ago, and did not
    change anything, in the way of RealPlayer. Just 5 minutes ago, I went
    to the CNN website and was able to play a video (the video concerning
    Americans in Soviet camps) without any problems on RealPlayer. Not sure
    what the difference is between out setups. What I don't like is the
    problems playing back multi-part video files using Thunderbird.

    Good luck, and don't give up. Try this website for help
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html , it was mentioned on the
    Mozilla help page.

    -- Alton

    Alton B. Wilson, Feb 11, 2005
  9. Jim L

    Drude Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Jim L wrote:
    > > It's not a threat. I sure they would get along fine without me. It's just
    > > I'm getting so frustrated.
    > > I love some of the things Firefox does but I don't want to be switching back
    > > and forth between browsers.
    > > One of the sites that has video that I can't access is www.cnn.com/
    > > Another is www.thebostonchannel.com/
    > >

    > > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message

    > > suggestions?????

    > >>Post a couple of specific sites where this problem occurs.
    > >>
    > >>Lee

    > Jim,
    >
    > I have FireFox 1.0 running on Window 2000. I originally installed
    > RealPlayer when I was running Internet Explorer and Outlook Express,
    > version 6. I installed FireFox 1.0 about three weeks ago, and did not
    > change anything, in the way of RealPlayer. Just 5 minutes ago, I went
    > to the CNN website and was able to play a video (the video concerning
    > Americans in Soviet camps) without any problems on RealPlayer. Not sure
    > what the difference is between out setups. What I don't like is the
    > problems playing back multi-part video files using Thunderbird.
    >
    > Good luck, and don't give up. Try this website for help
    > http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html , it was mentioned on the
    > Mozilla help page.
    >
    > -- Alton

    Stuff like that happens...

    For instance, I couldn't get video to work on The Daily Show website for
    about three months... It would actually crash the browser, then, one
    day, without me trying... it worked, and has since.

    Chances are, one of the webmasters fixed some code or something to make
    it more in line with FF coding.

    More sites are working in FF all the time.

    As for TBird... It really isn't a great Newsreader, in my opinion. I
    have started to use Thunderbird again since I discovered the Gravity
    Newsreader, which is excellent, and automatically decodes multi-part
    binaries AND y-enc files without any work whatsoever.

    So, I dumped my News account from TBird and now I use it just for email,
    which it does fine.

    -Drude

    Drude, Feb 12, 2005