    I have a 10-year old analog camera that's dying and needs to be replaced. Do
    any digital video cameras allow for time-lapse? It seems easy enough. Store
    images in memory and then write them to the media whenever memory fills up.

    NadCixelsyd, Jan 28, 2005

  2. NadCixelsyd

    Phil Guest

    NadCixelsyd wrote:

    > When I had a film camera, I used to love to take time lapse photos.
    >
    > I have a 10-year old analog camera that's dying and needs to be replaced. Do
    > any digital video cameras allow for time-lapse? It seems easy enough. Store
    > images in memory and then write them to the media whenever memory fills up.

    The Canon S1 IS will do it. Up to 100 exposures (with a
    large enough Compact Flash card) at intervals from 1 to 60
    minutes.

    Phil

    Phil, Jan 28, 2005

  3. NadCixelsyd

    paul Guest

    Phil wrote:

    > NadCixelsyd wrote:
    >
    >> ...Do any digital video cameras allow for time-lapse?
    >> It seems easy enough. Store
    >> images in memory and then write them to the media whenever memory
    >> fills up.

    > The Canon S1 IS will do it. Up to 100 exposures (with a large enough
    > Compact Flash card) at intervals from 1 to 60 minutes.

    Nikon Capture control with a D70 connected to a computer/laptop can do
    time lapse. The images go direct to the hard drive. It is fun!

    paul, Jan 29, 2005
  4. NadCixelsyd

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:
    (NadCixelsyd) wrote:

    > When I had a film camera, I used to love to take time lapse photos.
    >
    > I have a 10-year old analog camera that's dying and needs to be
    > replaced. Do any digital video cameras allow for time-lapse? It seems
    > easy enough. Store images in memory and then write them to the media
    > whenever memory fills up.

    My old Canon A60 came with a remote capture utility that allows timed
    photos with the option of storing the images directly to the attached PC.

    The interval is adjustable from 5 seconds to 60 minutes.

    I'm pretty sure the same set of utilities comes with all Canon cameras,
    and other vendors probably have the same.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Jan 29, 2005
  5. (NadCixelsyd) writes:

    > When I had a film camera, I used to love to take time lapse photos.
    >
    > I have a 10-year old analog camera that's dying and needs to be replaced. Do
    > any digital video cameras allow for time-lapse? It seems easy enough. Store
    > images in memory and then write them to the media whenever memory fills up.

    Another way to do this is if the camera is connected to the computer, and the
    computer directs the camera to take a picture, and can upload it if desired.
    Many of the high end prosumers, and DSLRs can do this, though sometimes you
    have to buy an additional piece of software. Be sure to get an AC adaptor for
    the camera if you are going to be doing it for an extended period of time.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Jan 29, 2005
  6. (NadCixelsyd) writes:

    > When I had a film camera, I used to love to take time lapse photos.
    >
    > I have a 10-year old analog camera that's dying and needs to be replaced. Do
    > any digital video cameras allow for time-lapse? It seems easy enough. Store
    > images in memory and then write them to the media whenever memory fills up.

    My Epson 850z has built-in time lapse shooting. My Fuji S2 will do
    time lapse under control of the (windows) "camera shooting software)
    it came bundled with.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Jan 29, 2005
  7. NadCixelsyd wrote:
    > When I had a film camera, I used to love to take time lapse photos.
    >
    > I have a 10-year old analog camera that's dying and needs to be
    > replaced. Do any digital video cameras allow for time-lapse? It
    > seems easy enough. Store images in memory and then write them to the
    > media whenever memory fills up.

    A time-lapse facility is built directly into the Nikon Coolpix 8400 and
    (probably) the Nikon 8800.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 29, 2005
  8. NadCixelsyd

    Toomas Guest

    I have done some time lapse clips using Olympus C3030
    and computer software.

    Some results. http://www.hot.ee/tpman/timelapse/

    For first clip there actually over 2300 pictures was taken.
    Camera SM card could not have enough memory. Using
    computer I don't have that limit. Thought with today media
    sizes over 1GB it is not longer big limiting factor.

    Toomas

    Toomas, Jan 29, 2005