About the Fatal1ty board !!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Loupole, Apr 14, 2005.

  1. Loupole

    Loupole Guest

    Does anyone know if there are other drivers that I can use besides the ones
    that came with the motherboard ??

    When they built it at the computer shop it was using some kind of raid or
    Ahci drivers...But I have had a crash and had to reinstall and I don't know
    how it was all set up or config to they way they had it !!

    When they set it up it was running like a rocket so fast !!

    Can anyone help me find out how it was set up !!

    Loupole

    Specs

    Intel 3.8 overclocked to 4.2
    Abit Fatal1ty Motherboard
    512x2 or Kingston 600mhz Ram
    floppy driver
    DVD rom
    DVD writer
    Powercolour XT 850 graphics card
    XP Pro

    Loupole, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Loupole

    Loupole Guest

    Opps 1x200GB seagate and one 80Gb seagate for Windows

    Loupole, Apr 14, 2005

  3. Loupole

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Loupole wrote:
    > Does anyone know if there are other drivers that I can use besides
    > the ones that came with the motherboard ??
    >
    > When they built it at the computer shop it was using some kind of
    > raid or Ahci drivers...But I have had a crash and had to reinstall
    > and I don't know how it was all set up or config to they way they had
    > it !!
    >
    > When they set it up it was running like a rocket so fast !!

    Seems it was running too fast if it crashed. Fast but not stable is not
    good. Give me slower and stable any day.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Apr 14, 2005
  4. Loupole

    Tim Guest

    The chipset drivers should be on the motherboard cd.
    Check the abit web site for updated drivers. Check your motherboard model
    revision level carefully before downloading new bios, chipset and other
    drivers as there are often new motherboard versions with subtle but
    important differences.

    Load bios defaults and don't overclock until you achieve a stable system.
    My recommendation would be not to overclock full stop - 400Mhz improvement
    from 3.8Ghz is only slightly over 10% - good for overclocking, but you will
    be hard pushed to ever notice the improvement.

    Tim, Apr 14, 2005
  5. Loupole

    Loupole Guest

    Mum turned the drier on and overloaded the power in the house and blew a
    fuse !! The computer works fine !!

    Loupole, Apr 14, 2005
  6. Loupole

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Loupole" <> wrote in news::

    > Mum turned the drier on and overloaded the power in the house and blew

    > fuse !! The computer works fine !!
    >
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Loupole wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know if there are other drivers that I can use besides
    >>> the ones that came with the motherboard ??
    >>>
    >>> When they built it at the computer shop it was using some kind of
    >>> raid or Ahci drivers...But I have had a crash and had to reinstall
    >>> and I don't know how it was all set up or config to they way they had
    >>> it !!
    >>>
    >>> When they set it up it was running like a rocket so fast !!

    >> Seems it was running too fast if it crashed. Fast but not stable is

    not
    >> good. Give me slower and stable any day.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~

    This reminds me of the old tech support story about the cardboard box and
    the power outage and not being able to see...

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Apr 14, 2005
  7. Loupole

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Loupole wrote:

    <Top-posting fixed>

    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Loupole wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know if there are other drivers that I can use besides
    >>> the ones that came with the motherboard ??
    >>>
    >>> When they built it at the computer shop it was using some kind of
    >>> raid or Ahci drivers...But I have had a crash and had to reinstall
    >>> and I don't know how it was all set up or config to they way they
    >>> had it !!
    >>>
    >>> When they set it up it was running like a rocket so fast !!

    >> Seems it was running too fast if it crashed. Fast but not stable is
    >> not good. Give me slower and stable any day.
    >>

    > Mum turned the drier on and overloaded the power in the house and
    > blew a fuse !! The computer works fine !!

    WorkeD fine! Not anymore.

    It seems strange that a simple power outage would cause that much damage. I
    hard-reset Win XP PCs fairly often, a similar situation to just removing
    power, then restarting, and have no problems. It seems that your speedster
    PC *needs* a UPS to be reliable, when you get it going again.

    I suggest you speak to the guys at the shop who set it up for you. If you
    can't afford to get them to set it up again I don't see why they wouldn't
    give you some simple instructions and the RAID/ACPI drivers on floppy.
    (Which you need to install XP with RAID).
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Apr 14, 2005