About Synchronisation

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Sherlock Holmes, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. Dear All

    We are running ibgp between Routers A and B. The configs are as
    follows:

    Router B
    router bgp xxxx
    no synchronisation
    redistribute static
    redistribute connected
    no auto-summary

    Router A

    router bgp xxxx
    no synchronisation
    neighbour B default-originate

    now when the synchronisation is turned ON B does not advertise any
    routes to A. ONly when synch is turned off, A receives routes from B.
    why does this happen?
    Without turning synch OFF why does it not advertise routes to A?
    if we use the"network" statement instead of redistribute will it
    advertise the routes with synch on?

    plz help me understand this better.

    rgds
    Ashwin

    Sherlock Holmes, Sep 19, 2006

  2. Sherlock Holmes

    Guest

    Hello Ashwin,

    When synchronisation is turned ON, your RouterB advertises static and
    connected routes but routerA wait to also learn this route by an IGP
    before putting this routes on its routing table.

    rgds,
    Nadim

    Sherlock Holmes wrote:
    > Dear All
    >
    > We are running ibgp between Routers A and B. The configs are as
    > follows:
    >
    > Router B
    > router bgp xxxx
    > no synchronisation
    > redistribute static
    > redistribute connected
    > no auto-summary
    >
    > Router A
    >
    > router bgp xxxx
    > no synchronisation
    > neighbour B default-originate
    >

    > now when the synchronisation is turned ON B does not advertise any
    > routes to A. ONly when synch is turned off, A receives routes from B.
    > why does this happen?
    > Without turning synch OFF why does it not advertise routes to A?
    > if we use the"network" statement instead of redistribute will it
    > advertise the routes with synch on?
    >
    > plz help me understand this better.
    >
    > rgds
    > Ashwin