    Location:
    istanbul
    I downloaded WinAntiSpyware 2006 and it found something in programfiles/need2find/bar/history (severe>). What it means? What if i delete this folder? Someone help me please. Thank you.

    downtoearth, Jul 26, 2006

  2. downtoearth

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I don't know anything about WinAntiSpyware 2006, but there are bogus programs out there that pretend to be anti-spyware programs that are really spyware themselves. They contain "pre-fabricated spyware files" that they conveniently find during a search, and thus they justify their existance to the new user. I would try downloading Avast! anti-virus (it's free for home use), running that, and see if it finds the same thing. I would also run SpyBot Search & Destroy (also free) to see if it finds the same thing.

    Just looking at your warning message above makes me think it is bogus.

    bigal, Jul 27, 2006