about pix506e routing (Walter Roberson please help!)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by HAIFA-ZAKARIA, May 29, 2007.

  1. HAIFA-ZAKARIA

    HAIFA-ZAKARIA

    Joined:
    May 22, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Hello

    i need help in pix506e configuration
    i configured one ( basic configuration just to access the net)

    interface
    nameif
    ip address
    nat
    global
    route

    there is a problem, seems small but it is really big
    i can ping inside outside and the other way round
    but
    my problem is the route on pix,seems NOT to be working properly

    hint may help:
    when i configured the inside interface like the following

    ip address inside 192.168.10.27 255.255.0.0

    it gives me the following error

    WARNING: unable to add route to OSPF RIB

    as soon as i change the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 like the following
    ip address inside 192.168.10.27 255.255.255.0
    it gives me no error

    please help , my clients are screaming for the internet :(

    thank you

    HAIFA-ZAKARIA, May 29, 2007