    version of Windows Vista Home Premium at no charge or will I be charged
    another $9.95 to get the correct disc?
    Has this happened to anyone else?

    ghstbstr, Feb 9, 2007

  2. ghstbstr

    Jane C Guest

    The disc itself is actually identical for all editions of Vista. The
    product key is what determines which edition you can install. You already
    have a Home Premium product key from your 32 bit. Use that key. Keys are
    identical for the 32 bit and 64 bit retail.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)

    Jane C, Feb 9, 2007

  3. ghstbstr

    ghstbstr Guest

    "Jane C" <> wrote in message
    > The disc itself is actually identical for all editions of Vista. The
    > product key is what determines which edition you can install. You already
    > have a Home Premium product key from your 32 bit. Use that key. Keys are
    > identical for the 32 bit and 64 bit retail.
    >
    > --
    > Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)

    I do not think so because Home Basic and Home Premium are different versions
    of Windows Vista, and I am thinking that I will lose the features of the
    Home Premium if I install the Home Basic.

    ghstbstr, Feb 9, 2007
  4. ghstbstr

    John Barnes Guest

    If you follow Janes instructions and enter the Home Premium key, it will
    either install Home Premium or it will reject the key.

    John Barnes, Feb 9, 2007