    Sc.), MCM (Comp. Management), MS, MTech I can not apply in
    large software enterprises.

    How could I benifited by completing MCSD?
    Amol Dravid, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Amol Dravid

    Guest Guest

    If you taught yourself how to develop using only MSDN, then studying for a
    MCSD should come relatively easy. It helps here in the US. Is is true that
    in India you must list your father's name and occupation on your resume?

    Guest, Aug 27, 2004

  3. >But
    >just becoz not having any degree like MCS (Master of Comp.
    >Sc.), MCM (Comp. Management), MS, MTech I can not apply in
    >large software enterprises.

    as it should be

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Amol Dravid

    Kumar Guest

    >Is is true that in India you must list your father's
    >name and occupation on your resume?

    How this question is related to what the op asked?
    If its out of curiosity, then NO.. its not required

    Kumar, Aug 27, 2004
  5. Amol Dravid

    Guest Guest

    I should have asked whether or not it was common practice rather than ask if
    "you must". The reason I asked was becuase I have seen references to one's
    father's occupation listed on resumes of Indian applicants. The fact that
    someone would list their father's occupation implies that within some job
    markets it is considered significant to a recruiter. Here in the US just
    knowing development is enough and having a certification helps.

    Guest, Aug 27, 2004
  6. >The fact that
    >someone would list their father's occupation implies that within some job
    >markets it is considered significant to a recruiter. Here in the US just
    >knowing development is enough and having a certification helps.

    Which lodge is your father with?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 27, 2004
  7. Amol Dravid

    Guest Guest

    If you must know ..

    If you must know, both my father and mother are members of the Coney Island
    Polar Bear Club, but I've never mentioned on a resume. I'm still paranoid it
    will one day show up in a routine background check, and I guess I'll never
    be able to run for political office.

    WKidd
    :p http://www.winterbathers.com/

    Guest, Aug 27, 2004
  8. Re: If you must know ..

    >If you must know, both my father and mother are members of the Coney Island
    >Polar Bear Club

    I expect they appreciated the film 'the day after tomorrow'!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 28, 2004