    on DVD discs?

    Thanks for any help!

    , Oct 10, 2003

  2. wrote:

    > Is there a way of storing the material on the tapes with Macrovision
    > on DVD discs?

    You'll need something like this...

    http://www.facetvideo.com/

    Darrel :)

    Darrel Christenson, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Orv Guest

    Yes you can....usually a little black box with RCA connector for vid-in and
    vid-out that goes between 2 VCR's or VCR and DVD.

    Hey, I'm sure that one in the last post will work fine, but it's a little
    steep in price.....do a google search for "defeats+macrovision", and shop
    around.

    Orv

    Orv, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Or better yet, leave the fucking disc alone! There's no reason to defeat the macrovision except in the minds
    of the cheap and common pirates on this group!

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 09:44:46 -0400, "Orv" <pcbidder@<nospam>hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Yes you can....usually a little black box with RCA connector for vid-in and
    >vid-out that goes between 2 VCR's or VCR and DVD.
    >
    >Hey, I'm sure that one in the last post will work fine, but it's a little
    >steep in price.....do a google search for "defeats+macrovision", and shop
    >around.
    >
    >Orv
    >

    >"Darrel Christenson" <> wrote in message
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Is there a way of storing the material on the tapes with Macrovision
    >> > on DVD discs?

    >> You'll need something like this...
    >>
    >> http://www.facetvideo.com/
    >>

    >> Darrel :)

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 11, 2003
  5. Chim Bubba Guest

    On 11 Oct 2003 11:00:53 -0500, SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:

    >Or better yet, leave the fucking disc alone! There's no reason to defeat the macrovision except in the minds
    >of the cheap and common pirates on this group!

    You dont get it!
    He has some older VHS tapes that he wants to backup to dvd with his
    recorder. Not dvd's that he wants to copy. What should he do about the
    VHS tapes then?

    Chim Bubba, Oct 11, 2003
  6. Ah, don't be so harsh my small peckered friend. I, too have
    interest in this topic. I own roughly 850 video tapes and would
    like to transfer their contents to a more reliable media. 511 of
    those tapes are afflicted with the same curse, macrovision. I
    presume that it is your contention that I repurchase those 511
    movies on DVD. Patently ridiculous. Why on earth should I?

    Colon Terminus, Oct 12, 2003
  7. Absolutely!! why it's the American way! 'you mean, you want me to PAY to acquire someone's hard earned
    works? What a ridiculous idea, my tightassed, thieving friend. Why would I expect a cheating douchebag like
    you to PAY. Get a second job or something so you can afford to PAY for what you get. This isn't the Red
    Cross, sonny.

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 08:25:02 GMT, "Colon Terminus" <> wrote:

    >Ah, don't be so harsh my small peckered friend. I, too have
    >interest in this topic. I own roughly 850 video tapes and would
    >like to transfer their contents to a more reliable media. 511 of
    >those tapes are afflicted with the same curse, macrovision. I
    >presume that it is your contention that I repurchase those 511
    >movies on DVD. Patently ridiculous. Why on earth should I?
    >

    >"SpeedByrd PhD." <> wrote in message
    >> Or better yet, leave the fucking disc alone! There's no reason

    >to defeat the macrovision except in the minds
    >> of the cheap and common pirates on this group!
    >>

    >> On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 09:44:46 -0400, "Orv"

    ><pcbidder@<nospam>hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Yes you can....usually a little black box with RCA connector

    >for vid-in and
    >> >vid-out that goes between 2 VCR's or VCR and DVD.
    >> >
    >> >Hey, I'm sure that one in the last post will work fine, but

    >it's a little
    >> >steep in price.....do a google search for

    >"defeats+macrovision", and shop
    >> >around.
    >> >
    >> >Orv
    >> >

    >> >"Darrel Christenson" <> wrote in

    >message

    >Macrovision

    >> SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 12, 2003
  8. A cheating duchebag! BWAAAHAHAhahaha. That's really funny,
    asshole. And to think you'd call me sonny. Why, I'm Waay old
    enough to be your father. In fact, if I'd had the twenty dollars
    lo those many years ago, I could have been.

    <> wrote:

    > >Ah, don't be so harsh my small peckered friend. I, too have
    > >interest in this topic. I own roughly 850 video tapes and

    would
    > >like to transfer their contents to a more reliable media. 511

    of
    > >those tapes are afflicted with the same curse, macrovision. I
    > >presume that it is your contention that I repurchase those 511
    > >movies on DVD. Patently ridiculous. Why on earth should I?
    > >

    > >"SpeedByrd PhD." <> wrote in message
    > >> Or better yet, leave the fucking disc alone! There's no

    reason
    > >to defeat the macrovision except in the minds
    > >> of the cheap and common pirates on this group!

    connector
    > >for vid-in and

    > >it's a little

    > >"defeats+macrovision", and shop

    in

    Colon Terminus, Oct 12, 2003
  9. Copy it Guest

    On 11 Oct 2003 11:00:53 -0500, SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:

    >Or better yet, leave the fucking disc alone! There's no reason to defeat the macrovision except in the minds
    >of the cheap and common pirates on this group!

    Waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah!

    Copy it, Oct 12, 2003
  10. Not what I heard. I heard she would have never been able to find it. BWWWWAHAHAHAAAAA!!

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 09:42:27 GMT, "Colon Terminus" <> wrote:

    >A cheating duchebag! BWAAAHAHAhahaha. That's really funny,
    >asshole. And to think you'd call me sonny. Why, I'm Waay old
    >enough to be your father. In fact, if I'd had the twenty dollars
    >lo those many years ago, I could have been.
    >

    >"SpeedByrd PhD." <> wrote in message
    >> Absolutely!! why it's the American way! 'you mean, you want

    >me to PAY to acquire someone's hard earned
    >> works? What a ridiculous idea, my tightassed, thieving

    >friend. Why would I expect a cheating douchebag like
    >> you to PAY. Get a second job or something so you can afford to

    >PAY for what you get. This isn't the Red
    >> Cross, sonny.
    >>

    >> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 08:25:02 GMT, "Colon Terminus"

    ><> wrote:
    >>

    >> >Ah, don't be so harsh my small peckered friend. I, too have
    >> >interest in this topic. I own roughly 850 video tapes and

    >would
    >> >like to transfer their contents to a more reliable media. 511

    >of
    >> >those tapes are afflicted with the same curse, macrovision. I
    >> >presume that it is your contention that I repurchase those 511
    >> >movies on DVD. Patently ridiculous. Why on earth should I?
    >> >

    >> >"SpeedByrd PhD." <> wrote in message

    >reason
    >> >to defeat the macrovision except in the minds

    >connector
    >> >for vid-in and

    >> >it's a little
    >> >"defeats+macrovision", and shop

    >in
    >> >message

    >with
    >> >Macrovision

    >> SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 12, 2003
  11. On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:05:24 GMT, Copy it <> wrote:

    >On 11 Oct 2003 11:00:53 -0500, SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:
    >>
    >>Or better yet, leave the fucking disc alone! There's no reason to defeat the macrovision except in the minds
    >>of the cheap and common pirates on this group!

    >Waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah!

    You should take a little time and learn the keyboard before you tackle newsgroups.

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 12, 2003
  12. In article <>,
    SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:

    > BWWWWAHAHAHAAAAA!!

    Thinks he's funny and laughs at himself after spending all day telling
    others what to do. Definately a sad piece of shit.

    Ura Dippschitt, Oct 12, 2003
  13. Wade365 Guest

    Why don't people just answer questions around here instead of acting all
    Masonic with their information?

    A friend of mine in the video duplication biz told me that Macrovision is
    simply the tape (or a carrier signal on the tape) telling the output of the
    play deck to issue the signal way too hot... what this does is fritz out the
    input of the receiving deck because the gain (input setting) on most consumer
    decks is controlled by automatic means - when the signal is too hot the
    receiving deck sits there and tries to find an appropriate setting for the gain
    but it can't, back and forth across the input range it DOES allow endlessly
    trying to find a decent setting... hence the video quality "breathes" or goes
    light to dark to light again (which is the receiving machine trying to
    assimilate the input).

    He also told me that in SOME machines (a small percentage) there are actually
    dipswitches (and again, this was years ago) or if you know your way around the
    guts of a machine, you could disable this circuit... barring that, what you
    need is an image stabilizer which will regulate the input of your record deck,
    really it's just an electronic device known as a Pad which reduces the input
    signal so that it's more in the range accepted by the record deck's autogain
    circuit - unfortunately, what I describe here is not what they sell in stores
    anymore, by the way. I bought a little black box years ago called an "RXII VCR
    to VCR" (a Tandy product I think) which has a big ol' warning on it that it's
    not to be used for copying copyrighted materials (wink*wink). It stablizes
    pictures of all kinds (simple RCA in and out) and I've been able to make
    back-ups for years but this sort of thing was removed from the shelves and what
    they sell now wouldn't stablize a toy boat if you tied it to the keel, so don't
    bother running out to your local Circ. City to get one... the ones they make
    now are watered down law-abidin' hunks of crappolla for tranfering home movies
    and stuff and they only "sharpen" the picture.

    All of this being said, the post about shelling out for films and programs you
    want is absolutely correct... I have a little gizmo that will do what you want
    it to do but I STILL PAY FOR STUFF I WANT ON DVD. The argument of "But it'll
    never be aired again" or "this was a once in a lifetime tape" doesn't hold
    water either... if they're getting "Sanford & Son" out in full seasons
    anything... ANYTHING you could possibly be looking for will be issued eventally
    as well.

    Piracy is piracy, just remember that... you know if you're doing it you're
    taking money away from the person or persons legally entitled to it and that is
    a crime... imagine if you were owed $20 but instead of paying you the person
    just kept cranking out $20 bills and spending them... you'd be pissed and want
    it shut down, right? "Gimme my DAMNED $20" you'd say, and you would be
    completely correct in your convictions. If all of these hundreds of VHS tapes
    were Betamax you'd still have to live with the decision you made. Sorry you got
    into buying VHS (much like I pity the folks who bought their LP collection and
    now complain about CD re-issues) and the formats changed, but it's the price
    you pay for being a collector of any kind... you never know, VHS might become
    collectible like LPs have (in fact, I kow I could probably get a pretty penny
    for some of the films I've bought like "From Beyond" because the rights are in
    limbo, the tape is 'out-of-print' and it's not going ot be re-issued on home
    video for a long time). Hang onto them, but if you want the super-spiv new
    technology save up your paper route money and indulge your habit when you have
    the sheckle in-pocket.

    And please stop calling each other names (although I gotta remember the "If I
    Had $20 I could Have Been Your Dad" - That was a good'n!).

    Next Caller.

    Wade365, Oct 12, 2003
  14. Another problem that I've not seen mentioned here is the fact that
    some projectors, like my old Sony VPH-722 (CRT) unit, can't handle
    Macrovision. It too has the same type AGC control as VCR:s, and I had
    to buy a Macrovision hacked DVD-player to be able to use it.

    And no, replacing the projector just for the fun of being able to use
    a Macrovision enabled player is not an acceptable solution.

    Thomas

    Thomas Tornblom, Oct 12, 2003
  15. DarkMatter Guest

    On 12 Oct 2003 19:22:14 GMT, (Wade365) Gave us:

    **** you! You retarded pirate ****!

    DarkMatter, Oct 12, 2003
  16. DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:47:29 GMT, Thomas Tornblom
    <-to-reply> Gave us:

    >And no, replacing the projector just for the fun of being able to use
    >a Macrovision enabled player is not an acceptable solution.

    Looks like yer fucked then, asswipe.

    DarkMatter, Oct 12, 2003
  17. Frode Guest

    Frode, Oct 12, 2003
  18. Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:32:16 GMT, Chim Bubba <> wrote:

    >On 11 Oct 2003 11:00:53 -0500, SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:
    >
    >>Or better yet, leave the fucking disc alone! There's no reason to defeat the macrovision except in the minds
    >>of the cheap and common pirates on this group!
    >>

    >You dont get it!
    >He has some older VHS tapes that he wants to backup to dvd with his
    >recorder. Not dvd's that he wants to copy. What should he do about the
    >VHS tapes then?

    Thank all of you except the byrd for your help. Now I've got one that I
    made myself with an old VHS camcorder, and it's giving me the message
    that copying of the material is not allowed. That's from a tape I made
    myself back in 1992. The picture jumps up and down on the screen a bit,
    and after recording a few minutes it stops recording and brings up the
    message. I have a copy of it that seems to record fine, but the original
    doesn't suck quite as bad as the copy...at least it sux in a different way :)

    , Oct 12, 2003
  19. Guest

    On 11 Oct 2003 11:00:53 -0500, SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:

    >Or better yet, leave the fucking disc alone! There's no reason to defeat the macrovision except in the minds
    >of the cheap and common pirates on this group!

    So you don't copy any copyrighted material, and feel that no one
    else should either? Is that it? Or is some okay to copy and some not?
    Is it okay to make a tape of an album, but not okay to copy a music
    video or movie? Or is it just not okay to copy something protected
    by Macrovision? What if we even go so far as to make a copy of
    some copyrighted material for someone we love, who we know would
    love the material? Being a self recognized authority on the morals of
    recording, what can and can't we record without shaming ourselves?

    , Oct 12, 2003
  20. luminos Guest

    You have a defective unit.

    luminos, Oct 12, 2003