About Independence Day Photo

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Jul 29, 2010.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Jul 29, 2010

  2. mmyvusenet

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Jul 29, 5:23 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > I did a change in the photo, and maybe now It is much better:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4839458992/
    >
    > and in the afternoon I took this other photo:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4841039749/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >
    > --
    > MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    I don't think you can ever improve the composition of that photo,
    unless you superimposed the flags onto a fireworks display or a cage
    full of dead parrots or something.

    All I see is just a few flags and nondescript buildings. Maybe you
    had to be there. If you were trying to express the utter, uninspired
    bleakness of your pathetic existence, then maybe you succeeded.

    Nervous Nick, Jul 30, 2010

  3. On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:36:31 -0700 (PDT), Nervous Nick
    <> wrote:

    >On Jul 29, 5:23 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I did a change in the photo, and maybe now It is much better:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4839458992/
    >>
    >> and in the afternoon I took this other photo:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4841039749/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >>
    >> --
    >> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    >I don't think you can ever improve the composition of that photo,
    >unless you superimposed the flags onto a fireworks display or a cage
    >full of dead parrots or something.
    >
    >All I see is just a few flags and nondescript buildings. Maybe you
    >had to be there. If you were trying to express the utter, uninspired
    >bleakness of your pathetic existence, then maybe you succeeded.

    I am reminded of when they started to make computers user-friendly. The net
    was nice before that. Or when they finally wrote the Network Connection
    Wizard for Windows so that people didn't have to manually configure their
    modem init strings,TCP/IP, DNS, FIFO buffer and COM-port settings, etc. I
    recall when being a beta-tester for MSNetwork the 7 page document they sent
    to everyone on how to properly configure a dial-up connection. They wanted
    to make it part of the first Win95 manual. We all laughed about how "easy"
    they made it. People who could actually think for themselves were the only
    ones on the net back then. It was nice.

    Today anyone can own a camera and think they are a photographer or might
    become one if they just keep trying. These newsgroups are crawling wall to
    wall with them. Some are just way more obvious about it than others.

    Wolfgang Weasleburg, Jul 30, 2010
  4. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Wolfgang Weasleburg" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...
    > On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:36:31 -0700 (PDT), Nervous Nick
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Jul 29, 5:23 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >>> Hello:
    >>>
    >>> I did a change in the photo, and maybe now It is much better:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4839458992/
    >>>
    >>> and in the afternoon I took this other photo:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4841039749/
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    >>I don't think you can ever improve the composition of that photo,
    >>unless you superimposed the flags onto a fireworks display or a cage
    >>full of dead parrots or something.
    >>
    >>All I see is just a few flags and nondescript buildings. Maybe you
    >>had to be there. If you were trying to express the utter, uninspired
    >>bleakness of your pathetic existence, then maybe you succeeded.

    > I am reminded of when they started to make computers user-friendly. The
    > net
    > was nice before that. Or when they finally wrote the Network Connection
    > Wizard for Windows so that people didn't have to manually configure their
    > modem init strings,TCP/IP, DNS, FIFO buffer and COM-port settings, etc. I
    > recall when being a beta-tester for MSNetwork the 7 page document they
    > sent
    > to everyone on how to properly configure a dial-up connection. They wanted
    > to make it part of the first Win95 manual. We all laughed about how "easy"
    > they made it. People who could actually think for themselves were the only
    > ones on the net back then. It was nice.
    >
    > Today anyone can own a camera and think they are a photographer or might
    > become one if they just keep trying. These newsgroups are crawling wall to
    > wall with them. Some are just way more obvious about it than others.

    Hello, with the intention of amplifying the photos, and show something of
    the feeling at this time, I added a video:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4843833687/

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Jul 30, 2010
  5. mmyvusenet

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Jul 30, 2:52 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    > "Wolfgang Weasleburg" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    > noticias:...
    >

    > > On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:36:31 -0700 (PDT), Nervous Nick
    > > <> wrote:

    > >>I don't think you can ever improve the composition of that photo,
    > >>unless you superimposed the flags onto a fireworks display or a cage
    > >>full of dead parrots or something.

    > >>All I see is just a few flags and nondescript buildings.  Maybe you
    > >>had to be there.  If you were trying to express the utter, uninspired
    > >>bleakness of your pathetic existence, then maybe you succeeded.

    > > I am reminded of when they started to make computers user-friendly. The
    > > net
    > > was nice before that. Or when they finally wrote the Network Connection
    > > Wizard for Windows so that people didn't have to manually configure their
    > > modem init strings,TCP/IP, DNS, FIFO buffer and COM-port settings, etc. I
    > > recall when being a beta-tester for MSNetwork the 7 page document they
    > > sent
    > > to everyone on how to properly configure a dial-up connection. They wanted
    > > to make it part of the first Win95 manual. We all laughed about how "easy"
    > > they made it. People who could actually think for themselves were the only
    > > ones on the net back then. It was nice.

    > > Today anyone can own a camera and think they are a photographer or might
    > > become one if they just keep trying. These newsgroups are crawling wall to
    > > wall with them. Some are just way more obvious about it than others.

    > Hello, with the intention of amplifying the photos, and show something of
    > the feeling at this time, I added a video:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4843833687/

    I think you somehow left out the first ten minutes of it.

    Nervous Nick, Jul 30, 2010