    edition and can be downloaded from net.

    Thanks

    msl
    msl, Sep 15, 2004

  2. msl

    Hermit Dave Guest

    i have heard of hacks on to systems to install IIS
    http://www.webthang.co.uk/tuts/tuts_server/iis_xph/pippo_xp.asp

    http://www.15seconds.com/issue/020118.htm

    http://www.frontpagewebmaster.com/m_182665/tm.htm

    more on
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=install iis xp home

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 15, 2004

  3. msl

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:53:15 -0700, "msl"
    <> wrote:

    >Hai group, I am going to start my mcad preparation with
    >the paper 70-315, presently i am having Windows xp-
    >homeedition OS,I don't want to change my system operating
    >system,but to work with Webapplications i read as i need
    >IIS which can be configured if i had XP-Professional or
    >windows 2000 etc. only, is there any chance for me to
    >install IIS seperately and work with ASP.NET applications,
    >or any idea about other servers which can be used with
    >webapplication development, which can work with xp-home
    >edition and can be downloaded from net.

    XP Home has no IIS. You can use a remote server with IIS to test and
    develop on your local system though. You can also use some of the
    ..NET tools/environements that let you test code without IIS, such as
    Web Matrix. See:

    http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Sep 16, 2004