    quite a while.

    Use the "free form" modify mode which has a "pictures"
    subcategory with EXIF and IPTC info.

    AKA gray asphalt, Jan 5, 2006

  2. AKA gray asphalt

    Matt Ion Guest

    AKA gray asphalt wrote:
    > A free program called "The Rename" will rename your
    > files with EXIF or IPTC information in batch mode.

    IrfanView will as well.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0601-2, 01/05/2006
    Tested on: 1/5/2006 8:44:23 AM

    Matt Ion, Jan 5, 2006

  3. AKA gray asphalt

    norm Guest

    On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:44:40 GMT, Matt Ion <>
    wrote:

    >AKA gray asphalt wrote:
    >> A free program called "The Rename" will rename your
    >> files with EXIF or IPTC information in batch mode.

    >IrfanView will as well.

    Where does it redate with exif shooting date?
    thanks

    norm, Jan 5, 2006
  4. Sorry, I'm not sure that it can redate. I use it to
    rename or add date to file name. If you are asking
    about Irfanview, I'd be interested to. I like that program.
    It does so many things. Have you downloaded the plugins?
    I think I remember that "The Rename" does change dates
    but only when you change the file name too. I'll look.

    Control-D, it's under the edit menu. And it changes attributes.
    Wow. I didn't know that. Cool. You have to change the file name
    though. I would add something and remove it on second rename.
    Little bit of a pain but it's batch mode so it won't take but a few
    seconds.

    AKA gray asphalt, Jan 5, 2006
  5. AKA gray asphalt

    Matt Ion Guest

    norm wrote:
    > On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:44:40 GMT, Matt Ion <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>AKA gray asphalt wrote:
    >>
    >>>A free program called "The Rename" will rename your
    >>>files with EXIF or IPTC information in batch mode.

    >>IrfanView will as well.
    >>

    > Where does it redate with exif shooting date?

    What, you want me to do ALL the work for you?

    Select Batch, select Rename, select Set Rename Options, put in the Name
    Pattern you want - click Help for a list of supported tags.

    Specifically, setting the pattern to '$E306' (DateTime), '$E36867'
    (DateTimeOriginal) or '$E36868' (DateTimeDigitized) should all produce a
    filename consisting of the date and time the picture was shot.

    Pretty much every EXIF and IPTC tag is available, including some
    specific to Canon and Nikon cameras.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0601-2, 01/05/2006
    Tested on: 1/5/2006 10:50:31 PM

    Matt Ion, Jan 6, 2006
  6. Apparently Irfanview can append text to a photo.
    And maybe resize the photo with a space that could
    be dedicated to a EXIF date. That's kind of advanced
    stuff, imo, even for document management software.
    I've read there is a book out about Irfanview. If it's in
    English I might buy it.

    AKA gray asphalt, Jan 6, 2006
  7. AKA gray asphalt

    norm Guest

    On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 06:50:50 GMT, Matt Ion <>
    wrote:

    >norm wrote:
    >> On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:44:40 GMT, Matt Ion <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>IrfanView will as well.
    >>>

    >> Where does it redate with exif shooting date?

    >What, you want me to do ALL the work for you?
    >
    >Select Batch, select Rename, select Set Rename Options, put in the Name
    >Pattern you want - click Help for a list of supported tags.
    >
    >Specifically, setting the pattern to '$E306' (DateTime), '$E36867'
    >(DateTimeOriginal) or '$E36868' (DateTimeDigitized) should all produce a
    >filename consisting of the date and time the picture was shot.
    >
    >Pretty much every EXIF and IPTC tag is available, including some
    >specific to Canon and Nikon cameras.

    Thanks for all the work ;) but I want to change file date not the
    filename. Back to Exifer

    norm, Jan 6, 2006
  8. "norm" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 06:50:50 GMT, Matt Ion
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>norm wrote:
    >>> On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:44:40 GMT, Matt Ion
    >>> <>

    >>> Where does it redate with exif shooting date?

    >>What, you want me to do ALL the work for you?
    >>
    >>Select Batch, select Rename, select Set Rename
    >>Options, put in the Name
    >>Pattern you want - click Help for a list of
    >>supported tags.
    >>
    >>Specifically, setting the pattern to '$E306'
    >>(DateTime), '$E36867'
    >>(DateTimeOriginal) or '$E36868'
    >>(DateTimeDigitized) should all produce a
    >>filename consisting of the date and time the
    >>picture was shot.
    >>
    >>Pretty much every EXIF and IPTC tag is
    >>available, including some
    >>specific to Canon and Nikon cameras.

    > Thanks for all the work ;) but I want to change
    > file date not the
    > filename. Back to Exifer

    You can change just the date in "The Rename" but
    it takes two
    steps and I bet Exifer does some things "TR"
    can't.

    AKA gray asphalt, Jan 9, 2006