    What ever is doing this I can't locate it.

    Any thoughts?

    David

    David, Dec 3, 2003

  2. David

    °Mike° Guest

    Run HijackThis and post the contents of the log here.

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    On 3 Dec 2003 10:10:49 -0800, in
    <>
    David scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 3, 2003

  3. David

    Richard Guest

    David! wrote:

    > OK, unless there is something else going on that is more malicious,
    > it's just a nuisance. However, my time is precious.

    > about:blank has hijacked my homepage setting in IE6. I change it back
    > and every reboot it's right back in there again. Now I have Sbybot S&D
    > and have it set to block everything I can find in the immunization
    > settings. I have the spyware tool for java, spywareblaster. I have AV
    > that is updated and finds nothing. I have a firewall. I have regprot
    > to tell me about changes to the registry. I've pretty much got every
    > safety feature but an armed guard standing over the servers at my ISP
    > :)

    > What ever is doing this I can't locate it.

    > Any thoughts?

    > David

    Open the registry. There is a setting which you need to change manually.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

    Look for the "StartPage" entry. Chances are it is not what you want it to
    be.
    Right click on the item and select "modify" to change it.

    Richard, Dec 3, 2003
  4. David

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:46:42 -0600,
    in message <>,
    "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Open the registry. There is a setting which you need to change manually.

    The home page does not need to be set manually.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Dec 3, 2003