    wasn't sure about this one.)

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Night_Seer

    Brad Guest

    AGP cards are backwards compatable so 2, 4 or 8x will work in a 2x board

    Brad, Nov 8, 2003

  3. Night_Seer

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Brad" <> wrote in news:wKYqb.10526$Pg1.528574
    @news20.bellglobal.com:

    > AGP cards are backwards compatable so 2, 4 or 8x will work in a 2x board

    Not entirely true. A 4x AGP slot will take a 1, 2, 4 or 8x card. An 8x
    slot will take only a 4x or 8x card. A 1x/2x slot will take only a 1x, 2x,
    or 4x card.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Nov 8, 2003
  4. Night_Seer

    Night_Seer Guest

    DeMoN LaG wrote:
    > "Brad" <> wrote in news:wKYqb.10526$Pg1.528574
    > @news20.bellglobal.com:
    >
    >> AGP cards are backwards compatable so 2, 4 or 8x will work in a 2x
    >> board
    >>

    > Not entirely true. A 4x AGP slot will take a 1, 2, 4 or 8x card. An
    > 8x slot will take only a 4x or 8x card. A 1x/2x slot will take only
    > a 1x, 2x, or 4x card.

    Ok as long as a 2x slot can take a 4x, I'm good, thanks.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Nov 10, 2003