    --
    Regards

    Mike [delete field in mail]
    Mike, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Mike

    Unk Guest

    Packard Bell Activboard keyboard software?

    Unk, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Unk wrote:
    > Packard Bell Activboard keyboard software?
    >
    > On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 21:16:32 -0000, "Mike" <news_mike_2004[ Delete
    > ]@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know what these files are as they both are constantly
    >> running on my machine. Both were pre-installed on a Packard Bell XP
    >> Home system to c:\apps\aboard. ABOARD.EXE (Activboard Application)
    >> is a whiteboard application which I do not have installed and is
    >> started from HK_LM:Run. I can not see how AOSD.EXE (ActivOSD
    >> Application) is started - it is not listed as a service or in SpyBot
    >> in system startup. I have googled both these files and can find
    >> virtually nothing on them except for a process list that has them
    >> both. For both files the properties company information is NEC
    >> Computers International. Thanks :)

    Thanks Unk and yep the file aboard.exe is the Packard Bell ActiveBoard
    multimedia keyboard manager. Required if you use the additional keys and
    want to see the status of the Num Lock, Caps Lock, Scroll Lock keys. The
    file aosd.exe manages the onscreen display for the active keyboard controls.
    Obvious now we know, heh - thanks again for your time.

    --
    Regards

    Mike [delete field in mail]
    Mike, Feb 23, 2004
  4. Mike

    Unk Guest

    You're welcome.

    Unk, Feb 23, 2004
  5. Mike wrote:
    > Does anyone know what these files are as they both are constantly running on
    > my machine. Both were pre-installed on a Packard Bell XP Home system to
    > c:\apps\aboard. ABOARD.EXE (Activboard Application) is a whiteboard
    > application which I do not have installed and is started from HK_LM:Run. I
    > can not see how AOSD.EXE (ActivOSD Application) is started - it is not
    > listed as a service or in SpyBot in system startup. I have googled both
    > these files and can find virtually nothing on them except for a process list
    > that has them both. For both files the properties company information is NEC
    > Computers International. Thanks :)

    for future refrence ...
    very usefull/.

    http://www.sysinfo.org/startupinfo.php