    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    After a LONG time I finally got one of these motherboards to go with my 2500+ barton and I am keen as can be to overclock :) I was wandering what peoples experiences with this board are like and have they been able to achieve large stable overclocks?

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 24, 2005

  2. RObErT_RaTh

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    The board is as stable as a rock and OC's great..........;) I sold mine not to long ago as it was just sitting in a desk drawer..............:eek:
    [​IMG]

    Bio-Hazard, Aug 25, 2005

  3. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    NICE! What is the cpu you had in there and what was it's stock clock?

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 25, 2005
  4. RObErT_RaTh

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    It was a locked 2500 Barton, 1,8 GHz

    Bio-Hazard, Aug 26, 2005
  5. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    not bad, and thats on the old Bartons!!!!

    unholy, Aug 26, 2005
  6. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Bio-Hazard, damn nice work mate :) Hope I can get mine close to that. The guy that owned it before me said he got it to 2.9GHz but I'm a bit iffy about that.

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 26, 2005
  7. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    he might have had a good stick of ram :p, or can u lock ram with this mobo, if u can thats would be sick dog! or healthy cat :D
    I am going to buy a Self Made Water Cooler (includes a water block) with a Massive Pump... possible one that pushs Alot of Water out, and a Radiator hooked up with a Condesner and that :D i might just have me a Fridge :D

    unholy, Aug 26, 2005
  8. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Sounds like a plan :) Be sure to post pics when you do it ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 26, 2005
  9. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    welll its only on the drawing board at the moment, but i will possible get it under way the mid of next year :|

    unholy, Aug 27, 2005
  10. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Doesn't matter how long it takes. I've been planning to do water cooling for like 2 years and never had the money before. Now I have a job so it's getting closer :)
    PS, I have the 2500+ stock heatsink from 1826 MHZ (166x11) clocked to 2205 MHz (200x11) @ 1.63V stable. Imagine what I can do when it gets water cooled :)

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 27, 2005
  11. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    make sure u have cooled the Chipset too :D

    unholy, Aug 28, 2005
  12. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    http://forum.velocityreviews.com/viewtopic.php?t=493
    :wink:
    That was my dads comp, I used Shin Etsu on mine and not the standard white crap.
    (EDIT: I don't know what that border coding is next to the wink, it's not anything I can see when editing. Forum bug perhaps?)

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 28, 2005
  13. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    fan maybe?

    unholy, Aug 28, 2005
  14. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Nah, the stocky was one with a fan and these are the most popular chipset coolers for this type of motherboard. They are passive and I have enough air flow for it in my case at the moment.

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 28, 2005
  15. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    sounds like it needs to be Phase Cooled to me :p

    unholy, Aug 28, 2005
  16. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Ahahahaha nah, not this rig. Too much money for me to afford aswell :( Plus it's too much extra crap to lug around. Wouldn't be able to take it to LAN parties and things.

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 28, 2005
  17. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    what about a water cooled case???, or u could mod one up and fit it with a condenser like my idea :D

    unholy, Aug 29, 2005
  18. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Water cooled case? As in the whole case cooled or just cpu and stuff because I'm already planning to water cool :)

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 29, 2005
  19. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    well its just the CPU and GPU, though u can get Vapour Chilled Cases, with just a screw to a fan port (on the back)

    unholy, Aug 29, 2005
  20. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Okay yeh, I thought I said earlier I was gonna get watercooling. Anyways I'm planning to push this socket A processor as far as it will go before it dies. I bought an MCW-6002 block awhile back then straight after that the one block I always wanted (Silverprop Cyclone Evo SE) was being sold so I bought that then managed to luckily sell the MCW-6002. Both were second hand but in great nick. Apart from the block I don't have any of the other components at the moment. Building a custom reservoir at some stage so that should be good.

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 29, 2005