    video and sound or send me to a place that has this info?

    TIA,
    Steve

    Steve, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Steve

    Cyrus Guest

    Check this web site for your MOBO. It has NF7 , NF7-S , NF7-M
    Motherboards. 6 channel sound is integrated , and your Video card must be
    AGP 8X .

    http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=8

    Cyrus

    Cyrus, Dec 6, 2003

  3. Steve

    Wizard Guest

    First and foremost, I would reconsider the NF7 and go with a VIA
    chipset. Abit is the best but their rendition of nVidia chip sets at the
    very best requires constant and aggravating BIOS tweaking and at the
    least just plain is not stable. Although nVidia chipsets are touted as
    the greatest thing since sliced bread, I have never been able to get
    them stable on both Abit and Asus boards. If you insist on the NF7, I
    have one here you can have for $25! I just ripped it out of my own
    system after screwing with it for over a year.

    Wizard, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Steve

    Thor Guest

    My A7N8X (standard) is so damn stable, it's boring. Seriously, (and
    thankfully) I've not had the same experience that you evidently had. About 4
    of my 6 LAN gaming buddies have the A7N8X deluxe, and they never had any
    major difficulties with the board either. Some had initial setup problems,
    but nothing insurmountable, and they have been happily gaming away for quite
    sometime now. I haven't tried any ABit Nforce boards, but I have sold a few
    systems with Gigabyte Nforce2 boards now that my supplier has systems based
    on Nforce2, and have heard no complaints from the customers about
    instability, etc. I've also never used anything other than WinXP on the
    boards, if that matters.

    Thor, Dec 7, 2003
  5. Steve

    Michael-NC Guest

    Nforce 2 boards, generally, do not like the default bios setup. I have 2 and
    have read of many, many people having to tweak bios setting to get the
    system stable. Mostly it involved setting the memory and AGP timing to user
    defined and locking them to the FSB. I lot of people have trouble OC'ing
    with this board.

    That said, my 2 boards, a deluxe and plain vanilla nForce 2 setups, have
    been as stable as my K7S5A boxes. That is a huge complement.

    Michael-NC, Dec 7, 2003
  6. Steve

    Thor Guest

    Fair enough. I did end up setting my Crucial 333Mhz memory to "sync" with
    the CPU bus at 266Mhz because it wasn't stable running the memory at top
    speed. In any case, reports are that it is faster this way, anyway.

    Thor, Dec 7, 2003