    error or rights issues involved with this title, and now
    they have to re-release it? Thanks for any help.
    , Jan 11, 2005

  2. jayembee Guest

    wrote:

    > Amazon has a listing for the just-released-last-year
    > Abbott & Costello Franchise Collection as having a release
    > date for February 8, 2005. What gives? Was there a mastering
    > error or rights issues involved with this title, and now
    > they have to re-release it? Thanks for any help.

    When this type of thing happens, it's typically the studio reissuing
    the title at a lower price. There was nothing wrong with the
    original release.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Bratboy Guest

    oh goodie even cheaper now maybe I can afford to add it ;) So far I only
    bought Vol 3 since its the various monster collection and those were my
    fav's. Speaking of which, the only monster A&C I still need is "...meets Dr
    Jekle/Mr Hyde. Is there any word on that title coming out?

    Bratboy, Jan 11, 2005
  4. Guest

    Bratboy wrote:
    > oh goodie even cheaper now maybe I can afford to add it ;) So far I

    only
    > bought Vol 3 since its the various monster collection and those were

    my
    > fav's. Speaking of which, the only monster A&C I still need is

    "...meets Dr
    > Jekle/Mr Hyde. Is there any word on that title coming out?
    >
    > "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> Amazon has a listing for the just-released-last-year
    > >> Abbott & Costello Franchise Collection as having a release
    > >> date for February 8, 2005. What gives? Was there a mastering
    > >> error or rights issues involved with this title, and now
    > >> they have to re-release it? Thanks for any help.

    > > When this type of thing happens, it's typically the studio

    reissuing
    > > the title at a lower price. There was nothing wrong with the
    > > original release.
    > >
    > > -- jayembee

    The new list prices for volume 1 & 2 are now 19.98, sale for around
    $14-15. When I bought them I think I paid around $16-$17.

    Gb
    , Jan 12, 2005
  5. jayembee Guest

    "Bratboy" <> wrote:

    >"jayembee" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Amazon has a listing for the just-released-last-year
    >>> Abbott & Costello Franchise Collection as having a release
    >>> date for February 8, 2005. What gives? Was there a mastering
    >>> error or rights issues involved with this title, and now
    >>> they have to re-release it? Thanks for any help.

    >> When this type of thing happens, it's typically the studio reissuing
    >> the title at a lower price. There was nothing wrong with the
    >> original release.

    Yup, that seems to be the case here. The MSRP on the first two volumes
    have been dropped from $26.98 to $19.98.

    > oh goodie even cheaper now maybe I can afford to add it ;) So far I only
    > bought Vol 3 since its the various monster collection and those were my
    > fav's. Speaking of which, the only monster A&C I still need is "...meets Dr
    > Jekle/Mr Hyde. Is there any word on that title coming out?

    There are three (including J&H) A&B titles left in Universal's
    catalog. They haven't said anything yet about when and how these
    will get released.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Jan 12, 2005