    downloaded it and let me do it again?

    I have stopped and started gtk-gnutella.

    Didn't help.

    steve, Oct 30, 2005

  2. steve

    steve Guest

    steve wrote:

    > Anyone know how to clear the 'memory' so it will forget I have already
    > downloaded it and let me do it again?
    >
    > I have stopped and started gtk-gnutella.
    >
    > Didn't help.

    Worked it out.

    Back on track.

    You have to edit a couple of text files in /home/.gtk-gnutella while
    gtk-gnutella isn't running...and delete the lines referring to the file you
    had downloaded.

    steve, Oct 30, 2005

  3. steve

    Not Dave Guest

    On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:57:24 +1300, steve <>
    growled these words from under a rock:

    >Downloaded a file via gtk-gnutella p2p client.
    >
    >Then - accidentally deleted the file.
    >
    >Now it won't let me download it again.
    >
    >It just says "Ignoring Requested (SHA1)"...and removes the download from the
    >queue.
    >
    >Bugger.
    >
    >Anyone know how to clear the 'memory' so it will forget I have already
    >downloaded it and let me do it again?
    >
    >I have stopped and started gtk-gnutella.
    >
    >Didn't help.

    Easiest way would be to install Windows, then use a Windows client.

    The future is Windows.

    Sound familiar?

    Not Dave, Oct 30, 2005
  4. steve

    steve Guest

    Not Dave wrote:

    > On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:57:24 +1300, steve <>
    > growled these words from under a rock:
    >
    >>Downloaded a file via gtk-gnutella p2p client.
    >>
    >>Then - accidentally deleted the file.
    >>
    >>Now it won't let me download it again.
    >>
    >>It just says "Ignoring Requested (SHA1)"...and removes the download from
    >>the queue.
    >>
    >>Bugger.
    >>
    >>Anyone know how to clear the 'memory' so it will forget I have already
    >>downloaded it and let me do it again?
    >>
    >>I have stopped and started gtk-gnutella.
    >>
    >>Didn't help.

    > Easiest way would be to install Windows, then use a Windows client.
    >
    > The future is Windows.
    >
    > Sound familiar?

    No.

    Bad advice, too.

    steve, Oct 30, 2005
  5. steve

    Geoff M Guest

    On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:57:24 +1300, steve wrote:

    > Downloaded a file via gtk-gnutella p2p client.
    >
    > Then - accidentally deleted the file.
    >
    > Now it won't let me download it again.
    >
    > It just says "Ignoring Requested (SHA1)"...and removes the download from the
    > queue.
    >
    > Bugger.
    >
    > Anyone know how to clear the 'memory' so it will forget I have already
    > downloaded it and let me do it again?
    >
    > I have stopped and started gtk-gnutella.
    >
    > Didn't help.

    Don't know, never had this problem with my Windows client (Shareaza )

    Geoff
    Ducks for cover...

    Geoff M, Oct 31, 2005
  6. steve

    steve Guest

    Geoff M wrote:

    > Don't know, never had this problem with my Windows client (Shareaza )
    >
    > Geoff
    > Ducks for cover...

    :)

    No worries.

    steve, Oct 31, 2005
  7. steve

    Not Dave Guest

    On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:35:10 +1300, steve <>
    growled these words from under a rock:

    >Not Dave wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:57:24 +1300, steve <>
    >> growled these words from under a rock:
    >>
    >>>Downloaded a file via gtk-gnutella p2p client.
    >>>
    >>>Then - accidentally deleted the file.
    >>>
    >>>Now it won't let me download it again.
    >>>
    >>>It just says "Ignoring Requested (SHA1)"...and removes the download from
    >>>the queue.
    >>>
    >>>Bugger.
    >>>
    >>>Anyone know how to clear the 'memory' so it will forget I have already
    >>>downloaded it and let me do it again?
    >>>
    >>>I have stopped and started gtk-gnutella.
    >>>
    >>>Didn't help.

    >> Easiest way would be to install Windows, then use a Windows client.
    >>
    >> The future is Windows.
    >>
    >> Sound familiar?

    >No.
    >
    >Bad advice, too.