    AT/XT keyboard he took might have been
    related to the problem.

    AARGH!!!!!
    philo, Aug 18, 2007

  2. philo wrote:

    > As a volunteer repair computers for a local NPO. They are then sold to the
    > members.
    >
    > One guy bought one, then lugged the whole thing back telling me that he
    > could not enter text into any of his documents.
    >
    > I was wondering if the machine (with standard ps/2 keyboard port) and the
    > AT/XT keyboard he took might have been
    > related to the problem.

    There are nice adaptors for these big keyboard plugs to fit into a small ps2
    socket ;-)
    wisdomkiller & pain, Aug 18, 2007

  3. philo

    philo Guest

    "wisdomkiller & pain" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > philo wrote:
    >
    > > As a volunteer repair computers for a local NPO. They are then sold to

    the
    > > members.
    > >
    > > One guy bought one, then lugged the whole thing back telling me that he
    > > could not enter text into any of his documents.
    > >
    > > I was wondering if the machine (with standard ps/2 keyboard port) and

    the
    > > AT/XT keyboard he took might have been
    > > related to the problem.
    > >

    > There are nice adaptors for these big keyboard plugs to fit into a small

    ps2
    > socket ;-)

    Yes I have a few but the guy was not using an adaptor.

    BTW: some stores want more for an adaptor than the price of a keyboard :)

    philo, Aug 18, 2007
  4. philo wrote:

    > "wisdomkiller & pain" <> wrote in

    >> There are nice adaptors for these big keyboard plugs to fit into a small

    > ps2
    >> socket ;-)
    >>

    > Yes I have a few but the guy was not using an adaptor.

    Good chance to sell a wireless keyboard to him, as he was already used to
    that comfort :)

    > BTW: some stores want more for an adaptor than the price of a keyboard :)

    Of course ... we still have some old lab pcs - still to retire - with sort
    of p60 ... 90 cpus and the big sockets. Problem is the ancient software
    running on them, may not work with todays or even yesteryears pcs.
    wisdomkiller & pain, Aug 19, 2007
  5. philo

    philo Guest

    wisdomkiller & pain wrote:
    > philo wrote:
    >
    >> "wisdomkiller & pain" <> wrote in

    >>> There are nice adaptors for these big keyboard plugs to fit into a small

    >> ps2
    >>> socket ;-)
    >>>

    >> Yes I have a few but the guy was not using an adaptor.
    >>

    > Good chance to sell a wireless keyboard to him, as he was already used to
    > that comfort :)
    >
    >> BTW: some stores want more for an adaptor than the price of a keyboard :)
    >>

    > Of course ... we still have some old lab pcs - still to retire - with sort
    > of p60 ... 90 cpus and the big sockets. Problem is the ancient software
    > running on them, may not work with todays or even yesteryears pcs.

    I could cut the cord off the AT keyboard and tell him it;s wireless.

    Those p_60's are prob.collectors items :)

    BTW: I've got a dual cpu pentium-pro server in my basement...
    now those are some huge CPU's (at least the casing)
    philo, Aug 19, 2007