aardvark link good for a laugh today

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by L33T, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. L33T

    L33T Guest

    L33T, Feb 26, 2004

  2. L33T wrote:
    > as mentioned in aardvark it's good for a laugh today
    >
    > http://www.enzine.cyborgcow.net/exam/
    >
    > bloody aliens and cats
    >
    > where do you find this stuff bruce ?

    On a similar note, here's a the question from a PHSI170 mid term paper from
    Uni of Otago:
    ---------
    The time it takes for the Earth to rotate once on it's axis relative to the
    stars is called:
    (A) a mean solar day
    (B) an apparent solar day
    (C) a sidereal day
    (D) a stellar day
    (E) a Doris Day
    -----------
    Another of the questions for the final exam concerned the basic elements
    G-class stars are made of with one of the choices being "Lego"

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Feb 26, 2004

  3. L33T wrote:
    > as mentioned in aardvark it's good for a laugh today
    > http://www.enzine.cyborgcow.net/exam/
    > bloody aliens and cats
    > where do you find this stuff bruce ?

    hahaha, I read this last week from a link on IRC...

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 26, 2004
  4. L33T

    Rupert Guest

    It's a bit sad when it's your old high school

    Rupert, Feb 26, 2004
  5. L33T

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Russell Smithies" <> wrote in message
    > L33T wrote:
    > > as mentioned in aardvark it's good for a laugh today
    > >
    > > http://www.enzine.cyborgcow.net/exam/
    > >
    > > bloody aliens and cats
    > >
    > > where do you find this stuff bruce ?

    > On a similar note, here's a the question from a PHSI170 mid term paper

    from
    > Uni of Otago:

    > ---------
    > The time it takes for the Earth to rotate once on it's axis relative to

    the
    > stars is called:
    > (A) a mean solar day
    > (B) an apparent solar day
    > (C) a sidereal day
    > (D) a stellar day
    > (E) a Doris Day

    > -----------
    > Another of the questions for the final exam concerned the basic elements
    > G-class stars are made of with one of the choices being "Lego"
    >
    > Russell

    Did you not get the picture samples that I sent to your Xtra address a few
    days ago in reply to your request to see them, Russell?

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Russell Smithies wrote:
    > On a similar note, here's a the question from a PHSI170 mid term paper from
    > Uni of Otago:
    > The time it takes for the Earth to rotate once on it's axis relative to the
    > stars is called:
    > (A) a mean solar day
    > (B) an apparent solar day
    > (C) a sidereal day
    > (D) a stellar day
    > (E) a Doris Day

    Im guessing a solar day, as the next three sound almost correct unlike
    the last one, which is... well, it just doesnt fit in.

    > Another of the questions for the final exam concerned the basic elements
    > G-class stars are made of with one of the choices being "Lego"

    lego... and I bet that there will be more than one student who seriously
    thinks that lego is the correct answer to that aswell.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 26, 2004
  7. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Russell Smithies wrote:
    >> On a similar note, here's a the question from a PHSI170 mid term
    >> paper from Uni of Otago:
    >> The time it takes for the Earth to rotate once on it's axis relative
    >> to the stars is called:
    >> (A) a mean solar day
    >> (B) an apparent solar day
    >> (C) a sidereal day
    >> (D) a stellar day
    >> (E) a Doris Day

    > Im guessing a solar day, as the next three sound almost correct unlike
    > the last one, which is... well, it just doesnt fit in.
    >
    >> Another of the questions for the final exam concerned the basic
    >> elements G-class stars are made of with one of the choices being
    >> "Lego"

    > lego... and I bet that there will be more than one student who
    > seriously thinks that lego is the correct answer to that aswell.

    it's a sideral day :)

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Feb 26, 2004