AAH - Using different trunks for calls from specific extensions

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Matt, May 29, 2006.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Hi,

    One of my extensions (200) uses the phone number allocated to the bt
    pstn line. Another extensions DDI is via voipfone (211), and another
    by voip.co.uk.

    I'd like users at each extension to all be able to dial 1471, and it be
    routed via their trunk.

    i.e. if extension 211 dials 1471, it to be routed out over the voipfone
    tunk, if 200 dial 1471 it go out over the pstn etc etc.

    Any ideas how to achieve this simply?

    Many thanks

    Matthew

    Matt, May 29, 2006

  2. Matt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > One of my extensions (200) uses the phone number allocated to the bt
    > pstn line. Another extensions DDI is via voipfone (211), and another
    > by voip.co.uk.
    >
    > I'd like users at each extension to all be able to dial 1471, and it be
    > routed via their trunk.
    >
    > i.e. if extension 211 dials 1471, it to be routed out over the voipfone
    > tunk, if 200 dial 1471 it go out over the pstn etc etc.
    >
    > Any ideas how to achieve this simply?

    This can be done using DBGet from your dialplan and rather than parsing
    to various providers, do a local lookup with your cdr.

    Personally I think I'd use an AGI script to do the same thing (sounds
    like a lot less hassle).

    Thomas Kenyon, May 29, 2006

  3. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Matt was thinking very hard :
    > Hi,
    >
    > One of my extensions (200) uses the phone number allocated to the bt
    > pstn line. Another extensions DDI is via voipfone (211), and another
    > by voip.co.uk.
    >
    > I'd like users at each extension to all be able to dial 1471, and it be
    > routed via their trunk.
    >
    > i.e. if extension 211 dials 1471, it to be routed out over the voipfone
    > tunk, if 200 dial 1471 it go out over the pstn etc etc.
    >
    > Any ideas how to achieve this simply?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Matthew

    <http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1503882&forum_id=420324>
    provides some interesting reading around a similar topic

    Jono, May 29, 2006