    If it helps, I'm using sipara ATA's bog standard phones connected.

    Many thanks

    Matthew

    Matt, Apr 20, 2006

  2. Matt

    paul123 Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Please can an AAH user help me out?
    >
    > I'm trying to get call transfer working on our office system, but
    > without any luck! A bit of googling tells me that it needs to be
    > configured in features.conf, but doesn't tell me the syntax etc.
    >
    > Is this correct? If so please can someone post their features.conf for
    > me to compare?
    >
    > If it helps, I'm using sipara ATA's bog standard phones connected.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >

    > Matthew

    It should just work "out of the box".

    To blind transfer a caller to another extension on AAH:
    - press "#" (at which point the person transferring will hear
    "Transfer")
    - dial the extension number and
    - hang up (the caller hears music on hold first, then the ringing of
    the extension dialled)

    Instead of transferring to another extension, you can also transfer to
    another phone number - it goes out on the relevant trunk defined by
    your dial plan.

    - works here on (grandstream) ATAs and a speedtouch 716g voip router
    too.

    paul123, Apr 20, 2006

  3. Matt

    Jono Guest

    "Matt" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Please can an AAH user help me out?
    >
    > I'm trying to get call transfer working on our office system, but
    > without any luck! A bit of googling tells me that it needs to be
    > configured in features.conf, but doesn't tell me the syntax etc.
    >
    > Is this correct? If so please can someone post their features.conf for
    > me to compare?
    >
    > If it helps, I'm using sipara ATA's bog standard phones connected.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >

    > Matthew

    Are you still using v1.5?
    http://members.optusnet.com.au/~bsharif/asterisk/AsteriskDumbMeGuide.htm#_Toc133242026
    got mine working.

    Incidentally, I finally got Centos 4.3 running on my Mini-ITX, so am now
    using aah v2.8 - call recording isn't quite as good, nor can I get faxing
    working, but hey, it's only taken me 10 weeks and is much better than v1.3
    that I was using.

    Jono, Apr 20, 2006
  4. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > Are you still using v1.5?
    > http://members.optusnet.com.au/~bsharif/asterisk/AsteriskDumbMeGuide.htm#_Toc133242026
    > got mine working.
    >
    > Incidentally, I finally got Centos 4.3 running on my Mini-ITX, so am now
    > using aah v2.8 - call recording isn't quite as good, nor can I get faxing
    > working, but hey, it's only taken me 10 weeks and is much better than v1.3
    > that I was using.

    Cheers Jono, still using 1.5!

    Think I'll wait till we move house/office (if we ever get planning
    permission) and upgrade then!

    I'll have a look at the link - thanks.

    Cheers

    Matt

    Matt, Apr 20, 2006
  5. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Do I need anything clever in my dial plan? When I hit # to transfer
    asterisk doesn't do anything at all!

    Matt, Apr 20, 2006
  6. Matt

    paul123 Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > Do I need anything clever in my dial plan? When I hit # to transfer
    > asterisk doesn't do anything at all!

    No, no dialplan jiggery pokery required.

    version number might be relevant - 2.8 here

    paul123, Apr 20, 2006
  7. Matt

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking Matt wrote :
    > Do I need anything clever in my dial plan? When I hit # to transfer
    > asterisk doesn't do anything at all!

    No, it should work out of the box.

    Have you checked your DTMF settings....?

    It also only seemed to work on v1.3 on /external/ /incoming/ calls. Do
    you not have recall buttons on your phones? Pressing recall should alow
    an attended transfer.

    Jono, Apr 20, 2006
  8. Matt

    Jono Guest

    paul123 pretended :
    > Matt wrote:
    >> Do I need anything clever in my dial plan? When I hit # to transfer
    >> asterisk doesn't do anything at all!

    > No, no dialplan jiggery pokery required.
    >
    > version number might be relevant - 2.8 here

    Sorry to hijack Matt's thread........you're using v2.8? Can you record
    incoming calls when the calls are directed to a ring group?

    I seem to be able to record inbound calls only if the call's directed
    to an extension, rather than a ring group.

    Jono, Apr 20, 2006
  9. Matt

    paul123 Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Sorry to hijack Matt's thread........you're using v2.8? Can you record
    > incoming calls when the calls are directed to a ring group?
    >
    > I seem to be able to record inbound calls only if the call's directed
    > to an extension, rather than a ring group.

    I haven't tried - though it could be useful. Does the other party hear
    a "Call recording is activated" type of message? I believe there are
    certain legal issues related to call recording

    paul123, Apr 20, 2006
  10. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > After serious thinking Matt wrote :
    > > Do I need anything clever in my dial plan? When I hit # to transfer
    > > asterisk doesn't do anything at all!

    > No, it should work out of the box.
    >
    > Have you checked your DTMF settings....?

    They work OK for everything else - IVR, voicemail access etc etc.

    > It also only seemed to work on v1.3 on /external/ /incoming/ calls. Do
    > you not have recall buttons on your phones? Pressing recall should alow
    > an attended transfer.

    Haven't tried the recall option - but will give it a go.

    Cheers

    Matt

    Matt, Apr 20, 2006
  11. Matt

    Jono Guest

    paul123 pretended :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> Sorry to hijack Matt's thread........you're using v2.8? Can you record
    >> incoming calls when the calls are directed to a ring group?
    >>
    >> I seem to be able to record inbound calls only if the call's directed
    >> to an extension, rather than a ring group.

    > I haven't tried - though it could be useful. Does the other party hear
    > a "Call recording is activated" type of message? I believe there are
    > certain legal issues related to call recording

    They hear nothing.

    It is perfectly legal, in the UK, to record a phone conversation
    providing at least one of the parties to the call is aware that it is
    being recorded (you). What you're not alowed to do is then play it to a
    third party without permission.

    Jono, Apr 20, 2006
  12. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Matt was thinking very hard :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> After serious thinking Matt wrote :
    >>> Do I need anything clever in my dial plan? When I hit # to transfer
    >>> asterisk doesn't do anything at all!

    >> No, it should work out of the box.
    >>
    >> Have you checked your DTMF settings....?

    > They work OK for everything else - IVR, voicemail access etc etc.
    >

    >> It also only seemed to work on v1.3 on /external/ /incoming/ calls. Do
    >> you not have recall buttons on your phones? Pressing recall should alow
    >> an attended transfer.

    > Haven't tried the recall option - but will give it a go.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Matt

    The # button transfer method is for phones without a recall
    button.........

    Jono, Apr 20, 2006
  13. Matt

    paul123 Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > The # button transfer method is for phones without a recall
    > button.........

    [asking sheepishly] Is the recall button the same as the last number
    redial button? I ask because # still works on my phones that /do/ have
    LNR buttons.

    paul123, Apr 20, 2006
  14. Matt

    Jono Guest

    paul123 formulated the question :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> The # button transfer method is for phones without a recall
    >> button.........

    > [asking sheepishly] Is the recall button the same as the last number
    > redial button? I ask because # still works on my phones that /do/ have
    > LNR buttons.

    Yes, # should work wether your phones have or have not got a recall
    button.

    No, the LNR button is not the same as a recall button. A recall button
    would normally give you a second dial tone when pressed. Sometimes
    known as the flash button. When pressed, it has a similar effect to
    "flicking the hook" (sounds smutty does that)

    Jono, Apr 20, 2006
  15. Matt

    paul123 Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > paul123 formulated the question :
    > > Jono wrote:
    > >> The # button transfer method is for phones without a recall
    > >> button.........

    > > [asking sheepishly] Is the recall button the same as the last number
    > > redial button? I ask because # still works on my phones that /do/ have
    > > LNR buttons.

    > Yes, # should work wether your phones have or have not got a recall
    > button.
    >
    > No, the LNR button is not the same as a recall button. A recall button
    > would normally give you a second dial tone when pressed. Sometimes
    > known as the flash button. When pressed, it has a similar effect to
    > "flicking the hook" (sounds smutty does that)

    Lol, try googling "flicking the hook" in quotes - no smut there :) ...
    Well I *had* to check!

    Ta for the LNR answer.

    paul123, Apr 20, 2006
  16. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I think its my dialplan...

    If I use the dialplan Jono gave me a whileback, it all works - but his
    dialplan isn't compatiable with my extension numbers etc.

    My dial plan is very simple....

    (xx.|*xx.|#xx.|#.)

    What do I change this to so the sipura box passes the # to the asterisk
    box?

    Many thanks

    Matt

    Matt, Apr 21, 2006
  17. Matt

    Mike Guest

    In article <>,
    paul123 <> writes

    >Jono wrote:
    >> paul123 formulated the question :
    >> >
    >> > [asking sheepishly] Is the recall button the same as the last number
    >> > redial button? I ask because # still works on my phones that /do/ have
    >> > LNR buttons.

    >> Yes, # should work wether your phones have or have not got a recall
    >> button.
    >>
    >> No, the LNR button is not the same as a recall button. A recall button
    >> would normally give you a second dial tone when pressed. Sometimes
    >> known as the flash button. When pressed, it has a similar effect to
    >> "flicking the hook" (sounds smutty does that)

    >Lol, try googling "flicking the hook" in quotes - no smut there :) ...
    >Well I *had* to check!
    >
    >Ta for the LNR answer.

    On a similar subject, how do you set up to use a phones transfer button
    (aastra 480/9133), with *.
    There may a be simple solution, but I still feeling my way around the
    beast.

    Anyone prepared to share a UK dialplan, with comments, so I can work it
    out ?

    I am leaving the SPA 3000 off line till I get a little more familiar
    with *.

    --
    Mike

    Mike, Apr 21, 2006
  18. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Matt explained :
    > I think its my dialplan...
    >
    > If I use the dialplan Jono gave me a whileback, it all works - but his
    > dialplan isn't compatiable with my extension numbers etc.
    >
    > My dial plan is very simple....
    >
    > (xx.|*xx.|#xx.|#.)
    >

    > What do I change this to so the sipura box passes the # to the asterisk
    > box?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Matt

    try this one:

    (<192:08000192190>|<118xxx:08000192190>|*xx|xx.)

    or (*xx|xx.) if you want really simple

    Jono, Apr 21, 2006
  19. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Cheers Jono,

    (*xx|xx.) doesn't seem to pass the # through to asterisk...

    (<192:08000192190>|<118xxx:08000192190>|[2-79]11<:mad:gw0>|xx.|*xx.|**xx.|<#,:>xx.<:mad:gw0>|<#,:>*xx<:mad:gw0>)
    allows the # through, but won't let me dial my extension 200,202, etc
    etc.

    Does this help anyone sort out my muddle??

    Thanks

    Matt

    Matt, Apr 21, 2006
  20. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Matt explained :
    > Cheers Jono,
    >
    > (*xx|xx.) doesn't seem to pass the # through to asterisk...
    >
    > (<192:08000192190>|<118xxx:08000192190>|[2-79]11<:mad:gw0>|xx.|*xx.|**xx.|<#,:>xx.<:mad:gw0>|<#,:>*xx<:mad:gw0>)
    > allows the # through, but won't let me dial my extension 200,202, etc
    > etc.
    >
    > Does this help anyone sort out my muddle??
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Matt

    Weird....3 digit numbers ending in 11 are set to go out on the PSTN....
    Is it just the phone you've got plugged into the SPA3K you're having
    issues with, or all phones?....Or are all phones plugged into an SPA3K?

    Jono, Apr 21, 2006