AACS (HD-DVD) Processing Key Subject of unprecedented DMCA takedown

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jeff, May 1, 2007.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    A few months ago, the HD-DVD copy protection system
    (AACS) was broken, and someone found and posted online
    the Processing Key.

    The MPAA has recently begun a massive DMCA takedown
    campaign against sites that have posted the key, in
    effect censoring a number.

    Well much like with DeCSS, this has now spread around
    the 'net, like closing the barn doors after the horses
    have bolted.

    Slashdot has a post on this:
    http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/05/01/1935250.shtml

    The key itself is 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

    --
    Windows Vista is a defective by design, DRM
    infected downgrade - http://badvista.org

    Fight Spam - http://www.spampoison.com/

    Jeff, May 1, 2007

  2. Jeff

    fish. Guest

    In article <Xns9923A8E843D42zzffymspcoet@216.196.97.131>, jv009wc02
    @sneakemail.com says...
    > A few months ago, the HD-DVD copy protection system
    > (AACS) was broken, and someone found and posted online
    > the Processing Key.
    >
    > The MPAA has recently begun a massive DMCA takedown
    > campaign against sites that have posted the key, in
    > effect censoring a number.
    >
    > Well much like with DeCSS, this has now spread around
    > the 'net, like closing the barn doors after the horses
    > have bolted.
    >
    > Slashdot has a post on this:
    > http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/05/01/1935250.shtml
    >
    > The key itself is 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

    Which sites have been taken down?

    --
    "You're not going to enjoy this, and it won't be quick"

    Very apt quote from "300", I didn't and it wasn't.

    fish., May 2, 2007

  3. Jeff

    Alpha Guest

    "fish." <> wrote in message
    > In article <Xns9923A8E843D42zzffymspcoet@216.196.97.131>, jv009wc02
    > @sneakemail.com says...
    >> A few months ago, the HD-DVD copy protection system
    >> (AACS) was broken, and someone found and posted online
    >> the Processing Key.

    You are aware that this has been corrected?

    Alpha, May 2, 2007
  4. On Tue, 01 May 2007 16:36:09 -0500, Jeff <> Gave
    us:

    snip

    >The key itself is

    You're a goddamned idiot.

    SuperM@ssiveBlackHoleAtTheCenterOfTheMilkyWayGalax, May 2, 2007
  5. On Tue, 1 May 2007 21:51:41 -0700, "Alpha" <> Gave us:

    >"fish." <> wrote in message
    >> In article <Xns9923A8E843D42zzffymspcoet@216.196.97.131>, jv009wc02
    >> @sneakemail.com says...
    >>> A few months ago, the HD-DVD copy protection system
    >>> (AACS) was broken, and someone found and posted online
    >>> the Processing Key.

    >You are aware that this has been corrected?

    Actually, I think he borders on the intelligence of a sea slug.

    SuperM@ssiveBlackHoleAtTheCenterOfTheMilkyWayGalax, May 2, 2007
  6. Jeff

    Guest

    On May 2, 12:51 am, "Alpha" <> wrote:
    > > In article <Xns9923A8E843D42zzffymspc...@216.196.97.131>, jv009wc02
    > > @sneakemail.com says...
    > >> A few months ago, the HD-DVD copy protection system
    > >> (AACS) was broken, and someone found and posted online
    > >> the Processing Key.

    > You are aware that this has been corrected?

    Yeah, and the hackers cracked it again about 5 minutes later.

    -Eric

    , May 2, 2007
  7. Jeff

    Alpha Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On May 2, 12:51 am, "Alpha" <> wrote:
    >> > In article <Xns9923A8E843D42zzffymspc...@216.196.97.131>, jv009wc02
    >> > @sneakemail.com says...

    >> You are aware that this has been corrected?

    > Yeah, and the hackers cracked it again about 5 minutes later.
    >
    > -Eric

    False.

    Alpha, May 2, 2007
  8. On 2 May 2007 06:05:33 -0700, Gave us:

    >On May 2, 12:51 am, "Alpha" <> wrote:
    >> > In article <Xns9923A8E843D42zzffymspc...@216.196.97.131>, jv009wc02
    >> > @sneakemail.com says...

    >> You are aware that this has been corrected?

    >Yeah, and the hackers cracked it again about 5 minutes later.

    Wrong.

    SuperM@ssiveBlackHoleAtTheCenterOfTheMilkyWayGalax, May 3, 2007
  9. On Wed, 2 May 2007 13:10:14 -0700, "Alpha" <> Gave us:

    ><> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> You are aware that this has been corrected?

    >> Yeah, and the hackers cracked it again about 5 minutes later.
    >>
    >> -Eric
    >>

    >False.

    Thank you.
    --

    HHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH DDDDDDDDDDDDD
    H:::::::H H:::::::H D::::::::::::DDD
    H:::::::H H:::::::H D:::::::::::::::DD
    HH::::::H H::::::HH DDD:::::DDDDD:::::D
    H:::::H H:::::H D:::::D D:::::D
    H:::::H H:::::H D:::::D D:::::D
    H::::::HHHHH::::::H D:::::D D:::::D
    H:::::::::::::::::H D:::::D D:::::D
    H:::::::::::::::::H D:::::D D:::::D
    H::::::HHHHH::::::H D:::::D D:::::D
    H:::::H H:::::H D:::::D D:::::D
    H:::::H H:::::H D:::::D D:::::D
    HH::::::H H::::::HH DDD:::::DDDDD:::::D
    H:::::::H H:::::::H D:::::::::::::::DD
    H:::::::H H:::::::H D::::::::::::DDD
    HHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH DDDDDDDDDDDDD

    DDDDDDDDDDDDD VVVVVVVV VVVVVVVVDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    D::::::::::::DDD V::::::V V::::::VD::::::::::::DDD
    D:::::::::::::::DD V::::::V V::::::VD:::::::::::::::DD
    DDD:::::DDDDD:::::DV::::::V V::::::VDDD:::::DDDDD:::::D
    D:::::D D:::::DV:::::V V:::::V D:::::D D:::::D
    D:::::D D:::::DV:::::V V:::::V D:::::D D:::::D
    D:::::D D:::::D V:::::V V:::::V D:::::D D:::::D
    D:::::D D:::::D V:::::V V:::::V D:::::D D:::::D
    D:::::D D:::::D V:::::V V:::::V D:::::D D:::::D
    D:::::D D:::::D V:::::V V:::::V D:::::D D:::::D
    D:::::D D:::::D V:::::V:::::V D:::::D D:::::D
    D:::::D D:::::D V:::::::::V D:::::D D:::::D
    DDD:::::DDDDD:::::D V:::::::V DDD:::::DDDDD:::::D
    D:::::::::::::::DD V:::::V D:::::::::::::::DD
    D::::::::::::DDD V:::V D::::::::::::DDD
    DDDDDDDDDDDDD VVV DDDDDDDDDDDDD

    SuperM@ssiveBlackHoleAtTheCenterOfTheMilkyWayGalax, May 3, 2007
  10. Jeff

    Guest

    On May 2, 10:30 pm,
    wrote:
    > On 2 May 2007 06:05:33 -0700, Gave us:
    > >> You are aware that this has been corrected?

    > >Yeah, and the hackers cracked it again about 5 minutes later.

    > Wrong.

    Listen, idiot. Not only did they crack it again, but they've cracked
    it several times since. The latest crack is so good that the key can
    never be revoked. Assuming you can read (and you know what they say
    about assumptions), you can learn more about it here:

    http://tinyurl.com/2594ea

    -Eric

    , May 3, 2007
  11. Jeff

    Alpha Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On May 2, 10:30 pm,
    > wrote:
    >> On 2 May 2007 06:05:33 -0700, Gave us:

    >> >Yeah, and the hackers cracked it again about 5 minutes later.

    >> Wrong.

    > Listen, idiot. Not only did they crack it again, but they've cracked
    > it several times since. The latest crack is so good that the key can
    > never be revoked. Assuming you can read (and you know what they say
    > about assumptions), you can learn more about it here:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/2594ea
    >
    > -Eric

    For anything beyond perfunctory use, this process involves physically
    modifying players one by one.

    If I were the power that be, I would be unconcerned.

    Alpha, May 3, 2007
  12. Jeff

    Roy Guest

    "Alpha" <> wrote in message news:f1dh2f$uov$...

    > <> wrote in message
    >> On May 2, 10:30 pm,
    >> wrote:
    >>> On 2 May 2007 06:05:33 -0700, Gave us:

    >>> Wrong.

    >> Listen, idiot. Not only did they crack it again, but they've cracked
    >> it several times since. The latest crack is so good that the key can
    >> never be revoked. Assuming you can read (and you know what they say
    >> about assumptions), you can learn more about it here:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/2594ea
    >>
    >> -Eric
    >>

    > For anything beyond perfunctory use, this process involves physically
    > modifying players one by one.
    >
    > If I were the power that be, I would be unconcerned.

    As long as there are guys willing to modify their HD-DVD drives to extract
    the key AND publish them somewhere on the net I would be very concerned!!

    Roy, May 4, 2007
  13. Jeff

    Alpha Guest

    "Roy" <> wrote in message

    > "Alpha" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message

    >>> Listen, idiot. Not only did they crack it again, but they've cracked
    >>> it several times since. The latest crack is so good that the key can
    >>> never be revoked. Assuming you can read (and you know what they say
    >>> about assumptions), you can learn more about it here:
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/2594ea
    >>>
    >>> -Eric
    >>>

    >> For anything beyond perfunctory use, this process involves physically
    >> modifying players one by one.
    >>
    >> If I were the power that be, I would be unconcerned.
    >>

    > As long as there are guys willing to modify their HD-DVD drives to extract
    > the key AND publish them somewhere on the net I would be very concerned!!

    That only works, now, for software programs that play HD DVD. Set top
    players each need to be modified, key or not. And the entire thing can be
    re-programmed (but it would be a public relations gaff to do so).

    Alpha, May 4, 2007
  14. On Fri, 4 May 2007 08:28:20 +0200, "Roy" <> wrote:

    >"Alpha" <> wrote in message news:f1dh2f$uov$...
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message

    >>> Listen, idiot. Not only did they crack it again, but they've cracked
    >>> it several times since. The latest crack is so good that the key can
    >>> never be revoked. Assuming you can read (and you know what they say
    >>> about assumptions), you can learn more about it here:
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/2594ea
    >>>
    >>> -Eric
    >>>

    >> For anything beyond perfunctory use, this process involves physically
    >> modifying players one by one.
    >>
    >> If I were the power that be, I would be unconcerned.
    >>

    >As long as there are guys willing to modify their HD-DVD drives to extract
    >the key AND publish them somewhere on the net I would be very concerned!!

    You're an idiot. They will fail.

    The Great Attractor, May 4, 2007
  15. Jeff

    Roy Guest

    "The Great Attractor"
    <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 4 May 2007 08:28:20 +0200, "Roy" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Alpha" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> <> wrote in message

    >>> For anything beyond perfunctory use, this process involves physically
    >>> modifying players one by one.
    >>>
    >>> If I were the power that be, I would be unconcerned.
    >>>

    >>As long as there are guys willing to modify their HD-DVD drives to extract
    >>the key AND publish them somewhere on the net I would be very concerned!!
    >>

    > You're an idiot. They will fail.

    lol.....and from under which stone did you crawl? Have you ever been
    outdoors since the war started? or is your chain not long enough?

    When DVD was launched they said it could never be copied, when
    HD-DVD/Blu-ray was launched they said the protection was so strong it could
    never be copied. It was said the Xbox360 would never play back-ups, WII
    dito.
    PC games are protected by more and more difficult to crack protection.

    However.....every time some very clever guy finds something to break or
    circumvent millions of dollar costing copyprotection...... the sad thing is
    that YOU and I are paying for that R&D and licensing.....who is the idiot
    now?

    Roy, May 4, 2007
  16. On Fri, 4 May 2007 16:48:33 +0200, "Roy" <> wrote:

    >"The Great Attractor"
    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 4 May 2007 08:28:20 +0200, "Roy" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Alpha" <> wrote in message

    >>>As long as there are guys willing to modify their HD-DVD drives to extract
    >>>the key AND publish them somewhere on the net I would be very concerned!!
    >>>

    >> You're an idiot. They will fail.

    >lol.....and from under which stone did you crawl? Have you ever been
    >outdoors since the war started? or is your chain not long enough?
    >
    >When DVD was launched they said it could never be copied, when
    >HD-DVD/Blu-ray was launched they said the protection was so strong it could
    >never be copied. It was said the Xbox360 would never play back-ups, WII
    >dito.
    >PC games are protected by more and more difficult to crack protection.
    >
    >However.....every time some very clever guy finds something to break or
    >circumvent millions of dollar costing copyprotection...... the sad thing is
    >that YOU and I are paying for that R&D and licensing.....who is the idiot
    >now?

    You are, and you always have been, and you always will be.

    The Great Attractor, May 5, 2007
  17. Jeff

    Roy Guest

    "The Great Attractor"
    <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 4 May 2007 16:48:33 +0200, "Roy" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"The Great Attractor"
    >><> wrote in message

    >>> You're an idiot. They will fail.

    >>lol.....and from under which stone did you crawl? Have you ever been
    >>outdoors since the war started? or is your chain not long enough?
    >>
    >>When DVD was launched they said it could never be copied, when
    >>HD-DVD/Blu-ray was launched they said the protection was so strong it
    >>could
    >>never be copied. It was said the Xbox360 would never play back-ups, WII
    >>dito.
    >>PC games are protected by more and more difficult to crack protection.
    >>
    >>However.....every time some very clever guy finds something to break or
    >>circumvent millions of dollar costing copyprotection...... the sad thing
    >>is
    >>that YOU and I are paying for that R&D and licensing.....who is the idiot
    >>now?
    >>

    > You are, and you always have been, and you always will be.

    *SMACK*....Big kiss on your head..... I guess you need it...

    Roy, May 5, 2007
  18. Jeff

    TB Guest

    "The Great Cocksucker" whined:

    (snip)

    >>lol.....and from under which stone did you crawl? Have you ever been
    >>outdoors since the war started? or is your chain not long enough?
    >>
    >>When DVD was launched they said it could never be copied, when
    >>HD-DVD/Blu-ray was launched they said the protection was so strong it
    >>could
    >>never be copied. It was said the Xbox360 would never play back-ups, WII
    >>dito.
    >>PC games are protected by more and more difficult to crack protection.
    >>
    >>However.....every time some very clever guy finds something to break or
    >>circumvent millions of dollar costing copyprotection...... the sad thing
    >>is
    >>that YOU and I are paying for that R&D and licensing.....who is the idiot
    >>now?
    >>

    > You are, and you always have been, and you always will be.

    Awww, look who had to change his stupid screen name again. Whatsamatter,
    "SuperMoron" wasn't appropriate enough for you?

    T.B.

    TB, May 5, 2007