aaa new-model

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by M.G., Jul 15, 2005.

  1. M.G.

    M.G. Guest

    Hi,

    I can't put the command 'aaa new-model' in my router Cisco SOHO 97.

    I enter global mode (enable, config t) but when I put 'aaa new-model' it
    says to me:

    Router(config)#aaa new-model
    ^
    % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
    My IOS version is 12.2. I guess that is enough to support the aaa commands.

    Does anyone know how can I enter aaa commands?

    --
    Thanks,

    M.G.
    M.G., Jul 15, 2005

  2. M.G.

    Guest

    I had a quick look at the literature and it doesn't look as if AAA is
    supported on this device. AAA is supported on a SB 100 (the next model
    up) and this is stated in the product literature, but as there is not
    mention of it in the SOHO 97 literature, it seems as though you may
    have been sold the wrong box :(

    Kind regards

    Marcus Jones
    , Jul 15, 2005

  3. M.G.

    Uli Link Guest

    M.G. schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I can't put the command 'aaa new-model' in my router Cisco SOHO 97.
    >
    > I enter global mode (enable, config t) but when I put 'aaa new-model' it
    > says to me:

    > Router(config)#aaa new-model
    > ^
    > % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
    > My IOS version is 12.2. I guess that is enough to support the aaa commands.
    >
    > Does anyone know how can I enter aaa commands?

    Try a newer IOS image.

    I don't know for the Soho97, but on both Soho91 and Soho96 aaa new-model
    works, with 12.3(8)T or later. Haven't tried with earlier. Forget what
    the docs say.
    Example: The Soho96 can even works as a small EZVPN Server with AES
    encryption!
    According to the docs you have to buy a C836 with PLUS featureset, it
    cannot encrypt as long as use the hardware encryption. If you turn it
    of, the Soho is as fast as the C836.
    The docs say you cannot upgrade DRAM or FLASH for the Soho9x.
    Dropping a DRAM SIMM for a C83x into a Soho9x will give you 48MB RAM!

    --
    Uli
    Uli Link, Jul 15, 2005
  4. M.G.

    Guest

    , Jul 18, 2005
  5. M.G.

    M.G. Guest

    Thank you very much to everyone.

    I'll try to update my IOS. This model must support the aaa new-model command
    because I have used it on others Cisco 97 routers.

    Bye,

    M.G.

    M.G., Jul 18, 2005