AAA authentication problem for enable mode access

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leopard, Jun 24, 2007.

  1. leopard

    leopard

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    I have been using Cisco ACS 4.1

    I am using below AAA commands on Cisco 2600 series router.
    aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ enable
    aaa authentication enable default group tacacs+

    I am getting user level access however not getting enable mode access.

    >enable

    authentication failure, cannot be authenticated

    not even allowing me to enter password...

    Can anyone help me in identifying the problem.

    leopard, Jun 24, 2007

  2. leopard

    ithelp

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    Is the ACS Server functional?

    Please the functionality of the ACS server if any other device is also configured to use AAA. This seems to be an issue with the ACS.

    ithelp, Jul 2, 2007