AA Powerex 1800 mAH Batteries (4) and MAHA MH-C204F charger

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Coneill, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Coneill

    Coneill Guest

    In January of this year I purchased this combo in Canada. Up to now every
    thing was great. Over the weekend, while at a friends cottage, I was using
    my Camera (a Canon A40) when the batteries died. This was not unexpected as
    I'd been using the unit quite a bit and had taken a ton of flash photos the
    night before. Once they were dead I plugged in the charger and put the
    batteries in it to start the recharging process, as I've done before. This
    was about 8:30 PM. I didn't think to take the batteries out of the unit that
    night, but upon waking the next morning I went to get the batteries. To my
    surprise the unit's lights were still red and the batteries themselves seem
    to appear blistered and were hotter than normal. I waited for them to cool
    and put them in my camera; they seem to be OK, but I've only taken a couple
    of shots with it. Can anyone tell me if the batteries are damaged? Has
    anyone experienced this type of thing before? Could the charger be damaged
    as well? If there is something wrong with them can my camera be damaged by
    using them? Anyone have any insights? I'll appreciate all responses.

    Clarence

    Coneill, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Coneill

    Bob Guest

    The Maha 204 charger is known for doing this. Get the 401. It charges each
    cell separately.

    Bob

    Bob, Aug 20, 2003