    (resolution vs. noise)

    Any other camera model that worth to consider? What?

    , Aug 18, 2005

  2. Brian Baird Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Is the 7MP a plus or a minus compared to 5MP
    > (resolution vs. noise)

    Depends on what you're using it for. If you're not going to print
    bigger than 8x10, you really won't need more than 5 megapixels.

    Both cameras will suck (in terms of noise) above ISO 200.

    Dpreview has a review of the Z750 here:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/casioz750/

    The A95 was given the highest rating, the Casio was given the second
    highest. Well... he only has three ratings: Average, Recommended and
    Highly Recommended. Take that as you will.

    You can use the compare feature to line up the camera tests side by side
    and see which one you like better.
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird

    Brian Baird, Aug 18, 2005

  3. Nostrobino Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I am looking for a compact digital camera. It'd possibly be A95 or 750Z
    > or something similar.

    I have both of those and like them both very much.

    > It must have the variable LCD like A95 or 750Z, 5MP+. Small, cute, and
    > yet still comfortible to hold.

    On smallness and cuteness the 750Z beats the A95. It is really one elegant,
    beautifully made little camera. Both are comfortable to hold considering
    they are rather small cameras, and I'd rate them about equal in this
    respect. The swiveling LCD is slightly larger on the A95 (but I had to put
    them side by side to tell).

    > My wife has a A95, so I know it. Would 750Z worth the extra cost
    > ($210~270 vs $350~$400)? Is the 7MP a plus or a minus compared to 5MP
    > (resolution vs. noise)

    I'd say the 7 Mp is a slight plus if you're going to make prints about
    letter size or larger, irrelevant for smaller prints or viewing photos on
    your computer. I haven't had any noise problem with either camera, but I
    don't shoot at ISO 400 either. (Physical size of the CCD is the same in both
    cameras.) The 750Z has a 5x zoom (37.5-187.5mm equivalent) compared to the
    A95's 3x (38-114mm), and I like that. On the other hand, the A95 has a
    removable trim ring which allows the use of an adapter tube and accessory
    lens, and I like that too.

    My own opinion is that yes, the 750Z is worth the extra money, which right
    now isn't so much extra anyway. The A95 usually sells online for $260 or so
    (if you see a lower price it's probably a refurb), and the 750Z can be had
    now for about $280 after the $50 mail-in rebate.

    > Any other camera model that worth to consider? What?

    If I knew of any other camera comparable to the A95 or 750Z in the same
    price range, I'd probably buy that too.

    N.

    Nostrobino, Aug 18, 2005