    just a waste of money? And has anyone had experience with this "NEW"
    company?
    Thanks
    YESHIVA UNIV, Jun 7, 2004

  2. YESHIVA UNIV

    Joel Guest

    YESHIVA UNIV wrote:
    > I'm thinking about getting the A75 from Amazon.com, where it sells for a
    > relatively low price of $240 (with free shipping and they don't collect
    > tax). What do you think of this price? The A70 is only $200, but I think the
    > new scene modes will be useful for me on the A75 (I hope to learn to use the
    > manual controls, but since there's no place to store favorite settings, I
    > figure that the presets will be useful at times for convenence - mainly the
    > foliage and indoor ones) and for $40 more, I'm also getting the bigger LCD.
    > What do you think choice about that as well? Also, Amazon.com offers a "Two
    > Year Digital and Film Camera Service Plan" along with the camera (which
    > overlaps the first year of Canon's warranty) for an additional $25. It's
    > from "NEW Customer Service Companies." Details here:
    > http://tinyurl.com/377py. Is an additional warranty worthwhile? Or is it
    > just a waste of money? And has anyone had experience with this "NEW"
    > company?
    > Thanks

    I can't comment on the A70 vs. A75, but I bought my A70 about a year ago
    from Amazon and was happy with their quick delivery, earlier than
    promised. I don't know what I'm missing in the A75 scene modes, but I
    use very few of the modes that I have.

    Ordinarily I steer clear of extended warrenties. But based on reports on
    this forum, the A series has been trouble-prone (I had to return my A70
    for warrenty service after 10 months) So I'd say a warrenty might be
    warranted in this case (pun intended.) I'd have been mightily displeased
    if it waited to fail until 13 months, say. Of course in a year the A75
    will be superceded by something newer, so you may prefer to replace a
    failed camera with the latest and greatest.

    Other than the failure I've been happy with the A70. Either way you'll
    be getting a good camera, and I think either price is better than the
    retail ads I've seen currently around here.

    Best wishes.

    -- Joel
    Joel, Jun 7, 2004