A70 or A80

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Michael P Gabriel, Dec 20, 2003.

  1. Can someone tell me which of the two has shutter and aperture priory
    modes? Orr maybe none of them? OR, where can I find the info?

    Michael P Gabriel, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Michael P Gabriel

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:
    (Michael P Gabriel) wrote:

    > Can someone tell me which of the two has shutter and aperture priory
    > modes? Orr maybe none of them? OR, where can I find the info?

    Both cameras have both modes, as well as full manual. Heck, even the A60
    has those modes.

    http://www.powershot.com/

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Michael P Gabriel

    Zol. Guest

    Both have full manual & appeture & shutter priority modes -
    http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/BeBit-e.html is a good starting point for info ... Zol.

    Zol., Dec 20, 2003
  4. Michael P Gabriel

    DaveT Guest

    On 20 Dec 2003 07:26:08 -0800, (Michael P Gabriel)
    wrote:

    >Can someone tell me which of the two has shutter and aperture priory
    >modes? Orr maybe none of them? OR, where can I find the info?

    Both ..

    <http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/a70-60/specs.html>
    <http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/a80/specs.html>

    DaveT

    DaveT, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Michael P Gabriel

    FredBillie Guest

    << From: (Michael P Gabriel)
    Date: Sat, Dec 20, 2003 9:26 AM

    Can someone tell me which of the two has shutter and aperture priory
    modes? Orr maybe none of them? OR, where can I find the info?
    >><BR><BR>

    Both have shutter and aperture priority. One thing you may not notice but the
    A80 seems to have the same size CCD as the G3. Note the A70 has a 1/2.7 inch
    CCD and the A80 has a 1/1.8 CCD, considerably larger. Many cameras will pack
    more pixels in the same size CCD when increasing the MPs but this isn’t so
    with the A80. Why is this important? Smaller pixels produce greater noise in
    pictures.

    FredBillie, Dec 21, 2003