    Thanks,
    --
    madknoxie
    madknoxie, Aug 20, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    madknoxie <> wrote:

    > What are the measurements for A2 pages? 594mm x 420mm?
    >
    > Thanks,

    An A3 is 297mm x 420mm, so an A2 must be 420mm x 594mm - assuming you
    don't need extra mm for the bleeding. :eek:)

    Helpful Harry
    "Just trying to help whenever I can." :eek:)
    Helpful Harry, Aug 20, 2003

  3. madknoxie

    Tim Guest

    madknoxie <> wrote in news:madknoxie-
    :

    > What are the measurements for A2 pages? 594mm x 420mm?
    >
    > Thanks,

    I see you have already got the answer you wanted, but I wanted to mention
    this anyway ;)

    http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html

    I found it quite interesting a while ago, it is all about how the current
    paper sizes came about.

    --
    Tim
    - <insert witty signature here>
    Tim, Aug 20, 2003
  4. "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > madknoxie <> wrote in news:madknoxie-
    > :
    >
    > > What are the measurements for A2 pages? 594mm x 420mm?
    > >
    > > Thanks,

    > I see you have already got the answer you wanted, but I wanted to mention
    > this anyway ;)
    >
    > http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html
    >
    > I found it quite interesting a while ago, it is all about how the current
    > paper sizes came about.
    >

    > --
    > Tim
    > - <insert witty signature here>

    All A series sizes are derived from A0 which is 1 sq meter of paper with
    sides having ratio 1 : sqrt(2).
    A1 is 1/2 of an A0, A2 =s 1/2 of an A1, A3 is 1/2 of an A2 etc. and ratio
    of sides stays the same.
    With a bit of math, you can work out all the sizes you need :)

    Russell
    Russell Smithies, Aug 20, 2003
  5. On 21 Aug 2003 Russell Smithies wrote :

    > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> madknoxie <> wrote in
    >> news:madknoxie- :
    >>
    >> > What are the measurements for A2 pages? 594mm x 420mm?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,

    >> I see you have already got the answer you wanted, but I wanted to
    >> mention this anyway ;)
    >>
    >> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html
    >>
    >> I found it quite interesting a while ago, it is all about how the
    >> current paper sizes came about.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Tim
    >> - <insert witty signature here>
    >>

    > All A series sizes are derived from A0 which is 1 sq meter of paper
    > with sides having ratio 1 : sqrt(2).
    > A1 is 1/2 of an A0, A2 =s 1/2 of an A1, A3 is 1/2 of an A2 etc. and
    > ratio of sides stays the same.
    > With a bit of math, you can work out all the sizes you need :)
    >
    > Russell

    And now a straight answer, free of needless (in this context) sidetracking,
    technical and historic baffledegook and gobblegabble:

    Yes, the size of an A-2 sheet is 420 x 594 mm.

    --
    Nicolaas.

    - "Oh, Shit!", said Pooh, when he found epsom salts in his hunny.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Aug 21, 2003
  6. "Nicolaas Hawkins" <> wrote in message
    > On 21 Aug 2003 Russell Smithies wrote :
    >

    > > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > >> madknoxie <> wrote in
    > >> news:madknoxie- :

    > >> I see you have already got the answer you wanted, but I wanted to
    > >> mention this anyway ;)
    > >>
    > >> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html
    > >>
    > >> I found it quite interesting a while ago, it is all about how the
    > >> current paper sizes came about.
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> Tim
    > >> - <insert witty signature here>
    > >>

    > > All A series sizes are derived from A0 which is 1 sq meter of paper
    > > with sides having ratio 1 : sqrt(2).
    > > A1 is 1/2 of an A0, A2 =s 1/2 of an A1, A3 is 1/2 of an A2 etc. and
    > > ratio of sides stays the same.
    > > With a bit of math, you can work out all the sizes you need :)
    > >
    > > Russell
    > >

    > And now a straight answer, free of needless (in this context)

    sidetracking,
    > technical and historic baffledegook and gobblegabble:
    >
    > Yes, the size of an A-2 sheet is 420 x 594 mm.
    >

    > --
    > Nicolaas.
    >

    > - "Oh, Shit!", said Pooh, when he found epsom salts in his hunny.

    I hate giving simple answers to questions that can be found by typing "a2
    paper dimension" in google. It comes up with
    http://www.littlebit.com/general_info/papersize.htm as the 4th hit.
    Sometimes people need to be shown where to find info rather than be given
    answers.

    Russell
    Russell Smithies, Aug 21, 2003
  7. On 21 Aug 2003 Russell Smithies wrote :

    > I hate giving simple answers to questions

    Hardly news.

    > that can be found by typing
    > "a2 paper dimension" in google. It comes up with
    > http://www.littlebit.com/general_info/papersize.htm as the 4th hit.
    > Sometimes people need to be shown where to find info rather than be
    > given answers.

    So what do you tell your partner (on the assumption that you have one) when
    he asks what you would like for dinner?

    Remember that not everybody is as devoted to pedagogy as you profess to be
    (thank the Deity!).

    --
    Nicolaas.

    - Aw, hell! Not ANOTHER learning experience!
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Aug 21, 2003
  8. madknoxie

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:22:00 +1200, Tim wrote:

    > I found it quite interesting a while ago, it is all about how the current
    > paper sizes came about.

    Love the quote. To quote ;-)

    Globalization starts with getting the details right.
    Inconsistent use of SI units and international
    standard paper sizes remain today a primary
    cause for U.S. businesses failing to meet
    the expectations of the global economy.

    --
    Gordon

    Google knows where to find things, ask at http://www.google.com
    Works for me, will work for you, so be it.
    Gordon, Aug 21, 2003
  9. madknoxie

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:30:25 +1200, Russell Smithies wrote:

    > I hate giving simple answers to questions that can be found by typing "a2
    > paper dimension" in google. It comes up with
    > http://www.littlebit.com/general_info/papersize.htm as the 4th hit.

    Sizes given are in inches! Hopeless ;-)

    > Sometimes people need to be shown where to find info rather than be given
    > answers.

    So now all we need is to find out how many mm in an inch ;-)

    Gordon, Aug 21, 2003
  10. madknoxie

    Brian Dooley Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:36:25 +1200, "Gordon" <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:22:00 +1200, Tim wrote:
    >

    >> I found it quite interesting a while ago, it is all about how the current
    >> paper sizes came about.

    >Love the quote. To quote ;-)
    >
    >Globalization starts with getting the details right.
    > Inconsistent use of SI units and international
    > standard paper sizes remain today a primary
    > cause for U.S. businesses failing to meet
    > the expectations of the global economy.

    The American intention is to enforce the use of the american
    system of imperial units to ensure consistency.

    --
    Brian Dooley

    Wellington New Zealand
    Brian Dooley, Aug 22, 2003
  11. "Brian Dooley" <> wrote in message

    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:36:25 +1200, "Gordon" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:22:00 +1200, Tim wrote:
    > >

    > >> I found it quite interesting a while ago, it is all about how the

    current
    > >> paper sizes came about.

    > >Love the quote. To quote ;-)
    > >
    > >Globalization starts with getting the details right.
    > > Inconsistent use of SI units and international
    > > standard paper sizes remain today a primary
    > > cause for U.S. businesses failing to meet
    > > the expectations of the global economy.

    > The American intention is to enforce the use of the american
    > system of imperial units to ensure consistency.

    They seem quite adaptable actually
    American software from Adobe Autodesk Microsoft etc has no problem
    accommodating metric units and paper sizes.
    Howard Johnson, Aug 22, 2003