    better, but wanted some to know what "100% guarantee" means to
    MyPublisher.

    , Oct 26, 2006

  2. Bill Crocker Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Just wanted to share my expereince with MyPublisher as a word of
    > caution to others.
    >
    > I recently ordered 3 copies of a book from them. I used their Bookmaker
    > software, made sure I built each page to their exact specs and
    > previewed each page in the software before submitting the order.
    >
    > I received three books where four of the pages were cut off in some
    > way. Pages that their software said were safe would not be cropped.
    >
    > I wrote MyPublisher as they have a 100% guarantee.
    >
    > Their offer to solve the problem? I pay for these three books that are
    > useless and they will be happy to print a new set for 50% off! What an
    > offer? They get to keep my money from the first order for books they
    > screwed up and want me to pay for a second batch so they can pocket
    > some more.
    >
    > INCREDIBLE!
    >
    > I am still debating with their customer service department and expect
    > better, but wanted some to know what "100% guarantee" means to
    > MyPublisher.

    If you paid them using your charge card, call the card company and have them
    back-charge the vendor.

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Oct 26, 2006

  3. Kinon O'Cann Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Just wanted to share my expereince with MyPublisher as a word of
    > caution to others.
    >
    > I recently ordered 3 copies of a book from them. I used their Bookmaker
    > software, made sure I built each page to their exact specs and
    > previewed each page in the software before submitting the order.
    >
    > I received three books where four of the pages were cut off in some
    > way. Pages that their software said were safe would not be cropped.
    >
    > I wrote MyPublisher as they have a 100% guarantee.
    >
    > Their offer to solve the problem? I pay for these three books that are
    > useless and they will be happy to print a new set for 50% off! What an
    > offer? They get to keep my money from the first order for books they
    > screwed up and want me to pay for a second batch so they can pocket
    > some more.
    >
    > INCREDIBLE!
    >
    > I am still debating with their customer service department and expect
    > better, but wanted some to know what "100% guarantee" means to
    > MyPublisher.

    I tried them once, and they screwed up my book, as well. I got my cover pic
    with someone else's Australian vacation inside. They told me that this
    simply isn't possible, even though I was staring at the proof. I did
    eventually get my book, but it took an act of congress to convince them they
    screwed up. Yes, I had to mail the book to a person in customer service, who
    then called me and tried to put the blame on me, saying I somehow messed up
    the order. So I asked how I could have received a book with a bunch of
    pictures I'd never seen before; someone else's pics? They eventually caved
    in and reprinted my book. The service rep was amazingly stubborn in
    admitting that they made a mistake, even though the irrefutable proof was
    right there.

    Never again. I'm giving Blurb a try this week. I'll let you all know if it's
    any good.

    Kinon O'Cann, Oct 26, 2006
  4. Guest

    "The service rep was amazingly stubborn in
    admitting that they made a mistake, even though the irrefutable proof
    was
    right there. "

    EXACTLY!

    I sent them the specs I used to create the pages (DPI, size, etc.) all
    exactly as their web site says and they claim it is "customer-generated
    error".

    Apparently, ANY mistake MyPublisher.com makes is stamped
    "customer-generated error" so they don't have to refund and I bet most
    customers give up.

    Sounds like their Customer Service deparment is trained to call
    customers liers to avoid credits.

    , Oct 26, 2006
  5. salgud Guest

    wrote:
    > "The service rep was amazingly stubborn in
    > admitting that they made a mistake, even though the irrefutable proof
    > was
    > right there. "
    >

    > EXACTLY!
    >

    > I sent them the specs I used to create the pages (DPI, size, etc.) all
    > exactly as their web site says and they claim it is "customer-generated
    > error".
    >
    > Apparently, ANY mistake MyPublisher.com makes is stamped
    > "customer-generated error" so they don't have to refund and I bet most
    > customers give up.
    >
    > Sounds like their Customer Service deparment is trained to call
    > customers liers to avoid credits.

    I suggest that each of you go to "ResellerRatings.com" and take a few
    minutes to rate your experience. Others will benefit, and it might even
    help change how this outfit does business.

    salgud, Oct 26, 2006
  6. Kinon O'Cann Guest

    "salgud" <> wrote in message

    > wrote:
    >> "The service rep was amazingly stubborn in
    >> admitting that they made a mistake, even though the irrefutable proof
    >> was
    >> right there. "
    >>

    >> EXACTLY!
    >>

    >> I sent them the specs I used to create the pages (DPI, size, etc.) all
    >> exactly as their web site says and they claim it is "customer-generated
    >> error".
    >>
    >> Apparently, ANY mistake MyPublisher.com makes is stamped
    >> "customer-generated error" so they don't have to refund and I bet most
    >> customers give up.
    >>
    >> Sounds like their Customer Service deparment is trained to call
    >> customers liers to avoid credits.

    > I suggest that each of you go to "ResellerRatings.com" and take a few
    > minutes to rate your experience. Others will benefit, and it might even
    > help change how this outfit does business.

    On my way now...

    Good advice.

    Kinon O'Cann, Oct 26, 2006
  7. Guest Guest

    I've used them twice with excellent results.
    Old Bob

    Guest, Oct 27, 2006
  8. Guest

    Gosh Bob, glad to hear it, but you seem to be alone.

    I talked to about 10 people yesterday, all with problems with product
    or customer service.

    Now, they are making me PROVE the error was theirs before issuing any
    credit. Can you believe it? What a horrible way to run a customer
    service department!

    No wonder so many competitors are popping up and thriving!

    , Oct 27, 2006
  9. Hello Cobbcity,

    I read your comments and understand why you would be frustrated. If you
    will please resubmit your request for a full refund (please mention your
    order number) we will provide you a full refund . MyPublisher's objective
    is to make you happy, not leave you frustrated.

    Please resubmit your request to and
    mention this exchange.

    On Oct 26 2006 8:47 AM, cobbcity wrote:

    > Just wanted to share my expereince with MyPublisher as a word of
    > caution to others.
    >
    > I recently ordered 3 copies of a book from them. I used their Bookmaker
    > software, made sure I built each page to their exact specs and
    > previewed each page in the software before submitting the order.
    >
    > I received three books where four of the pages were cut off in some
    > way. Pages that their software said were safe would not be cropped.
    >
    > I wrote MyPublisher as they have a 100% guarantee.
    >
    > Their offer to solve the problem? I pay for these three books that are
    > useless and they will be happy to print a new set for 50% off! What an
    > offer? They get to keep my money from the first order for books they
    > screwed up and want me to pay for a second batch so they can pocket
    > some more.
    >
    > INCREDIBLE!
    >
    > I am still debating with their customer service department and expect
    > better, but wanted some to know what "100% guarantee" means to
    > MyPublisher.

    Thank you

    -----

    takingcareofcustomers, Nov 14, 2006
  10. Drodbar Guest

    Drodbar, Nov 14, 2006
  11. Bill Hilton Guest

    >> wrote:
    >
    > I've used them twice with excellent results.
    > Old Bob

    ..

    >> wrote:
    >> Gosh Bob, glad to hear it, but you seem to be alone.

    Old Bob is not alone ... I first heard of MyPublisher when someone
    showed me several small books they had done for him, and he recommended
    them highly.

    I tried it myself, "publishing" three different books with numerous
    photos and everything was fine. I was surprised at how well the colors
    matched the screen.

    So I guess that makes at least three people who used them and were very
    pleased with the results.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Nov 14, 2006