    Cheers
    Southern Kiwi
    southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com

    Southern Kiwi, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Southern Kiwi

    PseUDO Guest

    Southern Kiwi wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Is any one here up to speed with radio trunking ?
    > I need a bit of guidance in setting up a scanner.
    > I would like to email a few questions to some expert

    and ask away.

    But in general i guess your trying to follow the 400Mhz fleetlink
    trunking system, you need a scanner that can follow the talkgroups as
    they change frequency etc.

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Aug 27, 2004

  3. "PseUDO" <> wrote in message
    > Southern Kiwi wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > Is any one here up to speed with radio trunking ?
    > > I need a bit of guidance in setting up a scanner.
    > > I would like to email a few questions to some expert

    > and ask away.
    >
    > But in general i guess your trying to follow the 400Mhz fleetlink
    > trunking system, you need a scanner that can follow the talkgroups as
    > they change frequency etc.

    Yeap to both questions, just the nuts and bolts I'm tripping over..........

    Southern Kiwi, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Southern Kiwi

    PseUDO Guest

    Southern Kiwi wrote:

    > "PseUDO" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Southern Kiwi wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>Is any one here up to speed with radio trunking ?
    >>>I need a bit of guidance in setting up a scanner.
    >>>I would like to email a few questions to some expert

    >>and ask away.
    >>
    >>But in general i guess your trying to follow the 400Mhz fleetlink
    >>trunking system, you need a scanner that can follow the talkgroups as
    >>they change frequency etc.
    >>

    > Yeap to both questions, just the nuts and bolts I'm tripping over..........

    My 2 scanners dont have any trunk tracking on them, only scanner that i
    have seen that does it is the uniden models.

    Basically the system uses the MPT 1327 standard, im not even sure the
    uniden trunk tracking scanners that are sold here in NZ can even follow
    that standard.

    I take it that you know how a trunking system works, but just need to
    know how to set up the scanner??

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Aug 27, 2004
  5. "PseUDO" <> wrote in message

    > >>and ask away.
    > >>
    > >>But in general i guess your trying to follow the 400Mhz fleetlink
    > >>trunking system, you need a scanner that can follow the talkgroups as
    > >>they change frequency etc.
    > >>

    > > Yeap to both questions, just the nuts and bolts I'm tripping

    over..........

    > My 2 scanners dont have any trunk tracking on them, only scanner that i
    > have seen that does it is the uniden models.
    >
    > Basically the system uses the MPT 1327 standard, im not even sure the
    > uniden trunk tracking scanners that are sold here in NZ can even follow
    > that standard.
    >
    > I take it that you know how a trunking system works, but just need to
    > know how to set up the scanner??

    Yeap, I have the Uniden 245xlt, I have picked up about 8 freqs from the
    trunked band including a couple of data channels, entered them according to
    the manual, but no go, I'm not sure of the offset or base freq.
    I was hoping someone here was successfully trunking :0)

    Southern Kiwi, Aug 27, 2004
  6. Southern Kiwi

    PseUDO Guest

    Southern Kiwi wrote:

    > "PseUDO" <> wrote in message

    >>>Yeap to both questions, just the nuts and bolts I'm tripping

    > over..........
    >

    >>My 2 scanners dont have any trunk tracking on them, only scanner that i
    >>have seen that does it is the uniden models.
    >>
    >>Basically the system uses the MPT 1327 standard, im not even sure the
    >>uniden trunk tracking scanners that are sold here in NZ can even follow
    >>that standard.
    >>
    >>I take it that you know how a trunking system works, but just need to
    >>know how to set up the scanner??
    >>

    > Yeap, I have the Uniden 245xlt, I have picked up about 8 freqs from the
    > trunked band including a couple of data channels, entered them according to
    > the manual, but no go, I'm not sure of the offset or base freq.
    > I was hoping someone here was successfully trunking :0)

    Looks like you may be out of luck since the 245xlt only covers these
    systems.
    Motorola Type I, Type II Hybrid, SMARTNET, PRIVACY PLUS and EDACS.

    With teamtalk using MPT 1327 , the scanner wont have much luck following
    the users as they switch frequencies, best you will will be able to do
    is to search the range for active voice signals and if the scanner has
    data skip, set it up to skip over the freqs that are just data.

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Aug 27, 2004
  7. Southern Kiwi

    Legs Guest

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:35:07 +1200, "Southern Kiwi"
    <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >Is any one here up to speed with radio trunking ?
    >I need a bit of guidance in setting up a scanner.
    >I would like to email a few questions to some expert

    The best scanning website I know of that is dedicated to trunking
    radio is -

    http://www.radioreference.com/

    and will get you 'upto speed' with all known radio trunking systems
    and how they can 'perhaps, maybe' be monitored.

    cheers

    Bacon and egg sandwiches - A lifetime's commitment for the pig, a day's work for the chicken. Run of the mill for the bread.

    Legs, Aug 27, 2004